Choice Home Warranty / not paying claim
I am working overseas so I bought the home warranty plan to cover our appliances so my wife would have to worry about these things. My a/c stopped cooling the service rep at CHW told her they would not send any out because ran but cooling. So we had some come and check the system they said it was on it last leg and did some minor repairs. A few weeks later it stopped completely so my wife called CHW. They sent their contractor out he determined the compressor and out door fan was bad. The tech told my wife it would better to replace the equipment than repair, one the unit was 14 years and two the expense would be throwing good money away for temporary fix and no promise when they could get the parts(it was about 90 degrees with high humidity and my wife has some health issue). Being former A/C contractor I agreed. He said we would get buy out from CHW of 1500 to 2000 dollars. So we agreed and the equipment was installed the next day.Keep in mind I am on the other side of the continent and my wife (who is 68) is trying to handle this because we had a warranty on our unit. We paid for the installation on good faith that we would get a portion of our money back from CHW.
Shortly after my wife checks with CHW and through several calls we are told they only pay for the fan motor $145.00 because that cause the compressor to go out. Kind of like a insurance company not paying when you total your car because your tire blew but they will pay for tire. Now, we actually had a new system installed for $4300.00 but we were and are not asking for the full amount just what was to covered. This was told to CHW as well but after more calls and more BS they shifted the blame to their contractor by saying they did not follow procedures and basic they were not going to pay but $145.00. The contractor really tried to work with us they gave him same BS because he had use d the same procedures before. But he said CHW was one the worst companies out there but that does not help me.
I would like to join the class action if possible.
More Choice Home Warranty Complaints & Reviews
- Choice Home Warranty - beware contractors - do not pay bills 
- Choice Home Warranty - big scam 
- Choice Home Warranty - vendor non payment 
- Choice Home Warranty - bad business practices 
- Choice Home Warranty - not advised of $50 cancellation fee 
- Choice Home Warranty - unethical behaviour
- Choice Home Warranty - substandard repair service
- Choice Home Warranty - extortionist, won't pay, claims withholding funds promised 
- Choice Home Warranty - septic system cleaning and repair
- Choice Home Warranty - non payment to contractor