Choice Home Warranty / dishonest

Choice Home Warranty
I started the contract with Choice Home Warranty (choicehomewarranty.com ) on 10/27/2008 covering HVAC and making onetime payment of $344 for the contract lasting one year. On 12/02/2008 2 units (furnaces) stopped working. I contacted Choice with repair request. The technician was sent on 12/03/2008 to do the diagnosis - control boards needed to be replaced. Choice refused a repair without additional documentation. The following documents were submitted:

- home inspection report done upon purchasing the property
- diagnosis/checkup of the HVAC systems done on 07/27/2007
- repair and checkup of the HVAC systems done on 06/26/2008

After many phone calls and 14 days with no heat, the customer representative from Choice: Ron Stillwater stated that the repair could not be cover because:

- it is odd that two of the systems fail in the same time
- there is no date on the document from 6/26/2008 - even though it is printed
- there is no signatures on the receipt from 06/26/2008 - even though is states on the receipt that it is a electronic invoice and the authenticity can be proven by contacting the company that did the repair/checkup service on 6/26/2008. Ron Stillwater stated that no company will be contacted.
- there are many inconsistencies in provided documentation - with no additional comments provided.

I need to add that dealing with this guy (company) was the worst customer service experience. Imagine rep. screaming, inventing stories that do not add - the management needs to review your files - and than 5 sec. later - it just popped up on my screen that your claim was denied. I asked for the manager many times but never no one was available. He was accusing me of taking long time sending the documentation where in fact they (or he) were not replying to my faxes, emails and phone calls. The faxes were being lost and I had to resend the documentation. I felt like it was really immature, irresponsible, unprofessional, sneaky thief one person shop.

A  14th of Apr, 2009 by
It's sad when you call a company and they cannot find your name in the system but YOU'VE paid for a service that they cannot proivde because you do not have your policy number with you. We've been without a fridge for almost a week now. We called on Friday 4/10 and is was a holiday, we were told that a ticket would be entered into the system and someone will be calling us on Monday, Monday came no call. I called them on Tuesday and they could not find us by last name, street address or zip code. They needed a policy number. This is a sad way to do business, I agree STAY AWAY FROM CHOICE HOME WARRANTY...
N  6th of May, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Please join my group. I am trying to compile a list of complaints to submit to the insurance commission and attorney general's office.

Thank you.