Chili's Restaurant / The drink was terrible

Last week my husband and I ate dinner and had a mixed drink at Chili's, a newly opened restaurant in our area. Our food was good, but the drink was terrible...all the salt on the rim of my glass dissolved into the raspberry drink, making it taste terrible! Perhaps the rim should have been coated with sugar, not salt, as the drink was a sweet one.

Do
Sort by: Date | DownRating

Comments

• Mk
      13th of Jun, 2016

Chili's on a Friday at 5:45 and you got your food by 6:30... I do not see that they did anything to hurt your daughter.
    I also agree that the steak sauce was not needed to make your daughter get some food into her.

• Je
      27th of May, 2008

we ahave all, at one time or another received bad service or not so good food. Life is what it is.
    You will always get more flies with honey than with vinegar. Be kind to the servers and you will usually get the service that we all expect. chili's is my favorite Rest. I have to say that I have consistently gotten grea service and great food time after time. If you have feel you have not gotten your money's worth, ask for a manager, and kindly explain your situation. They will make it right.
    Good always out does the bad. TRUST !!!

• Mo
      13th of Jun, 2016

insulin lowers the glucose count in the body. if the injection that you gave her was too much, her sugar count would have dropped dramatically and yes she needed to eat something to bring her sugar count back up. however, steak is NOT going to do it. you needed to do a blood stick and determine what the sugar count was and act appropriately. IF you were THAT concerned why did you wait for your meal? why not take her to a local emergency room right away rather than whine about slow service.

• Sl
      13th of Jun, 2016

They pre ordered. When they brought the food, it is customary to ask what else is needed. Nor is it okay for a server to ignore a request, even if it is not their table. It sounds lime really bad service. What part of they are new to this condition, do you not understand?!

• La
      14th of Aug, 2006

Put on your big-girl panties & deal with it. Did you ask the server for a new drink?? They would have gladly mixed you a new one. You yourself, even said they were newly opened----I'm sure it was chaotic, new employees, dinner rush, salt & sugar look pretty identical to me.....Beef your concern in an adult manner. Chili's is an awesome restaurant! I just wish we had one in our city = (

8th of Sep, 2006

• Be
      9th of Feb, 2007

Had dinner in Carlisle Chili's on 2/7. Ribs were overcooked to the point of being dried out and the salad was nothing but some greens (of which the romaine was discolored and black around the edges) and had nothing but carrots, cheese, some chopped tomatoes and many, many croutons.

Very disappointed that I cannot access the chilis website today.

• Mi
      30th of Mar, 2007

Sub: Presidente margarita

Ss my drink arrived the shaker it comes in was not full. I asked for a full one. the waitress (not apologetically) took it back. Then I noticed the glass was dirty. Within too short of time to add more margarita, she was back with the shaker a little fuller but still not to the top. I asked for a clean glass, showing her the debris on the inside of the glass. She, again left with the glass. Shortly another person showed up with another glass, not identifying himself. He stood there silently while I filled the glass. I asked my wife what she wanted, thinking he was the waiter. He responded I'm not the waiter, I'm making sure you are happy with your drink, then he left. When the waitress returned I asked her if it was too much to ask for a full drink and a clean glass, without someone hovering over me like I was causing trouble. I payed with a Debit card, not leaving a tip. Later I noticed my card was not returned to me and it was never found! I love Chili's food but am turned off by this treatment.

• St
      7th of Apr, 2007

Just wanted to let corporate know that the bartender at chili's in St Augustine Florida was rude to me as a customer. I've spent years going to this restaurant because the food is great and the atmosphere is nice. Today, asked the bartender (Eric) to give my bill. Since I didn't think he heard me, I asked again. He lost his cool in front of other customers and said he was too busy and I had to wait. That fine, but don't raise your voice in front of customers especially with me since I spend a great deal of money with Chili's.

This is the second time I've had to deal with rude bartenders. I reported the first time to the store manager and he put this person out in the dinning room waiting tables.

The bottom line is, regardless of what the customer request, do not make some smart remarks when you don't care how if the company is making a profit.

This person has told me he wants to quit and make a change so I suppose this is why he has a bad attitude.

• Da
      13th of Jan, 2008

Was given filthy dirty mugs to drink our soft drinks from. We did not even receive our food yet, and I found food particles on the inside of the cups, looks like they have been used 2 or 3 times already. Chili's is off my list.

• Ri
      11th of Feb, 2008

We attempted to have dinner at the Chili's restaurant on College Pkwy, Ft. Myers Florida Saturday, Feb 9th. We waited at our table for one hour for our meal. The waitress asked us twice if we wished to speak to the manager when we complained. He came over after one hour and told us that they were our of ribs. Evidently their is a communications problem between the waitress and kitchen staff. We should have been informed at the beginning that their weren't ribs available to order. The manager was informed that he was an idiot. He then offered to call the police. We then informed him that the police don't care that he is an idiot.

13th of Feb, 2008

I had lunch Feb.13 at the Chili,s 11329 Montgomery Rd. Cincinnati Oh. 45249. I got the Bottomless Soup &Salad. I was eating my soup and I took a bite and had a piece of plastic in that bite. I told the waiter we had ,all he said was it must of come from the pack of crackers we got with the soup. A few minuites later the manager came to our table.All he said was I heard you found something in your soup. He ask me if I wanted more soup.I told him no I was done.

• El
      3rd of Mar, 2008

Okay, Richard Muzyka, have you thought that maybe you get poor treatment from servers because you're rude? it does sound like your waitress made a mistake by not telling you if something was available or not, but that still does not give you the right to call anyone an idiot. Also, I can see by your perfect grammar and extensive knowledge of the English language, you are probably one of the customers that makes food servers bitter. Learn some manners.

• Ta
      8th of Mar, 2008

What are you all complaining about? I found a dead fly in my food after receiving the second plate that I sent back because it looked like a pile of barf. We were at Machensey Park, IL. The funny thing is it was 10 degrees out and no flies around. What do you think that was all about? The person I was with ordered the same thing and it was perfectly postioned on the plate, so yes I did send it back. Thanks Chilis for a wounderful experience!!!!!!
    By the way a cook in Wisconsin put pubic hair in a steak that was not done right and when the waitress brought it back out again, well you know what happened. The COOK got three years for intentionally putting his pubics in the steak.
    IT IS A FELONY IF YOU MESS WITH SOMEONES FOOD. SO DON'T!

THE WAITRESS WAS AWSOME!!!!! THANK YOU!!!!

• Am
      15th of Mar, 2008

I am not sure about these complaints but I have one from a Visit to Chili's in Pace, Florida.
    on 3/2/08 we had lunch at that location and used a gift card that we received for Christmas. When we got the receipt back the waitress had taken our bill from the card along with using the rest of the gift card on my brother's bill. When I got home and realized this had been done, I immediately called the manager and he pulled the paperwork and saw that this had been done. He assured me the he would take care of this and I would hear from him soon through the mail. Today is 3/16/08 and I still have not heard from him.

Not a good way to get a repeat customer.

• Ke
      23rd of Apr, 2008

4/22/08
    I, along with my wife and child have just returned from dining at your restaurant in Auburn Hills, Michigan ( by Great Lakes Mall)
    I feel you need to be made aware of the incompetence and indifference of your manager there, I believe his name is Terry ?
    We ordered desert, these arrived in due time (as had the main courses, it should be said) when the waitress handed me my dish with cheesecake on, I immediately informed her there was a long human hair on the plate, she apologized and duly took this back to the kitchen.

Some minutes later the "manager" returned the cheesecake to me. His words of apology were "Sorry 'bout that, that was gross" I agreed that it was gross, I then noticed the plate he returned with, was the same one that had been sent back to the kitchen !!, whether it was the same piece of Cheesecake I really don't know, but by the markings in the sauce on the plate it clearly had not been cleaned or changed. I then told him to take it away as I had no desire to eat it after seeing the plate had not been changed and to deduct it from my bill, which was done.

I find it incredible that a chain of restaurants such as yours, allows so called managers to be so unconcerned about hygiene, customer service and common civility in a restaurant of all places.Maybe you should review more carefully the caliber of "managers" you employ? certainly some customer service training, or a crash-course in basic hygiene and good manners would seem appropriate.
    Is this type of service "the norm" in the Chilies food chain?

21st of Apr, 2008

Do you plan on building a Chili's In Sun City Center Florida?

You would fill the restaurant every day.

Thank you.

• La
      4th of May, 2008

We just had dinner at Chilis in Zachary, LA. The service and the food were awful. I asked to speak to a manager and they said one was not available. I have had good meals there before. But this meal was horrible. The silverware was dirty and I had to ask for clean ones twice! The waitress explained they were really busy however the place was less than half full. I think the manager was away and the cats just played.

• St
      29th of May, 2008

I went to Chilli's for lunch today and have to say it SUCKED!!! I ordered the mini size bite burgers and a salad. I am not going to sit her and camplain about the salad...(i actually like it)...but, must say when they brought my mini's out...they were COLD!! It was if they premade the burger??? I don't expect Chilli's to be a 5 star resturant but, I did not expect them to be a burger king or mc donald's either with premade food!! When I Informed the Manager It was if I had done something wrong for asking for a HOT Burger...GEZZZZZ...I got the hovering, not getting a refill and the worst part is...I don't get to eat lunch with my hubby...he had already finshed his food bout time my got back. I will not return to that Chilli's or another for awhile!

• Ms
      30th of May, 2008

THEY ARE THE WORSE I WENT THERE WITH MY FAMILY AND IM AFRICAN AMERICAN WHEN WE GOT THERE WAS THREE CAUCASIAN COUPLES AND WE ORDERED APPETIZERS AND TWO MORE CAUCASIAN FAMILIES CAME IN AND ORDERED.WE RECIEVED THE APPETIZERS BUT NEVERE GOT SERVED OUR MEAL AND EVERYONE ELSE GOT SERVED BEFORE US IF WE HADN'T SAID ANYTHING WE WOULD STILL BE SITTING THERE TODAY !!! WE FELT DISCRIMINATED AGAINST AND LEFT WE WILL NEVER GO BACK !!!