Chase Home Finance / customer rip off - fax fee payoff quote
I have a mortgage loan from Chase Home Finance for about 1 year. I am in the process of refinancing through Bank of America. Now Chase decides to charge me the consumer for the pay off quote the new bank wants from them. Apparently the policy of Chase is to charge the customer $30 each time a 3rd party requests a Pay Off Quote. The catch is that when the
3rd party calls for a pay off quote, the only option is to enter a FAX number .
The bean counters in the new bank want to be absolutely certain of the pay off quote, so they
request this three times. And I am stuck with the bill for $90 . This is certainly a reward for not missing a single payment and always being on time.
Life is truly rewarding for being right! Meanwhile, I nominate the MBA wizard at Chase Home Finance for whipping up this FAX fee idea along with the Phone Tree for the pay off quote ( they should call it the money tree) where the option for the 3rd party is a FAX.
We consumers are really getting ripped off by the Bankers. First our Tax Dollars are used to bail them out and we still end up with those tacked up charges. Meanwhile the Corrupt Executives are laughing all the way to an offshore bank account!
More Chase Home Finance Complaints & Reviews
- Chase Bank - closed my account without notice 
- Chase - denied fraud claim 
- Chase Home Finance, LLC - mortgage fraud/scam 
- Chase Auto Finance - vehicle repossession after payment arrangement was made 
- Chase Home Finance - chase now causing and encouraging foreclosure! 
- Chase Bank / JPMorgan Chase Bank - new checking account bonus - correction to coupon code
- Chase Bank / JPMorgan Chase Bank - regarding chase account
- Chase Bank / JPMorgan Chase Bank - horrible customer service
- JP Morgan Chase Bank, New York, NY - wire transfer
- Chase Bank / JPMorgan Chase Bank - closed bank account and can't access money