Chase Health Advantage / Unicorn Financial Services / back dated interest

United States Review updated:
Unicorn Financial Services - Chase Health Advantag
I experienced this company's unfair business practice...after 27 payments, the final one mysteriously was late [although sent on time] and they back charged me interest from the start of the plan. I found out from a local credit / debt lawyer that this is unethical...find your old statements and if the charges were not on those statements, they cannot 'post date' them. Good luck...I am about to start my challenges to them.
DO NOT USE THESE PEOPLE!>...write to the ADA and dentists supporting them.

A  5th of May, 2009 by
I agree. They use unfair practices to add interest payments before you are almost finished paying the loan in full. I will never use Chase again for anything.
A  1st of Oct, 2009 by
Definately agree! For starters, i never received my statements in the mail or they were late. When i questioned them, their response was 'that my mail man was taking the statements'!!! Then to pay on-line is such a hassel because either your sign-in name or password never works, so you have to request a new password everytime. Which of course you need your acct#, that i don't know because i don't have a statement. The customer service people are very rude (one even hung up on me!). I paid this account off as soon as possible. And definately will NEVER use Chase again!!!
A  2nd of May, 2010 by
I agree! Do not let your dentist or doctor finance your bill through this company! I never received my first statement and therefore didn't know who to pay or how much to pay. I received my first statement with a late fee stating I was over 10 days late. I paid the bill immediately and then a couple days later received a letter stating since my bill was late, the agreement to finance for 12 months interest free deal was off. I called the company and explained that my dentist in VA (I live in NC) didn't give me the details of who he was sending the financing thru and stated that I would receive a bill in the mail. I waited, but it looks like they intentionally sent the bill out late to accuse me of not paying on time. The customer service people I spoke with were rude and they would listen to the fact that my credit history and score are excelletn. Do not have anything to do with this company!!!
A  20th of Aug, 2010 by
I paid my bill faithfully, in fact, I paid more than the payment due. However, my bills stopped coming. Then, I got a call from Chase telling me that I had 24 hours to pay before my account went to collections. I asked the woman, Belinda, who was very rude, what the pay off was. Sent them the entire payoff by express mail. We'll see whether I hear any more from them. Since I have a very good credit rating and always pay my bills on time, I think this is a shoddy business practice used to ensure that they can level higher interest rates rather than the 0% promised. I will never use them again and recommend you notify your dentist of these practices.

Chase Bank / JPMorgan Chase Bank Logo Chase Bank / JPMorgan Chase Bank