Chase Credit Card / intentionally waiting to post payments!

As I read the complaints before me, it seams like we are dealing with the same crappy customer service people. First of all, this is the second time this has happened to me. My bank sends a payment to Chase 5 days before the due date. They send it electronically. Chase does not apply the payment till after the due date. They then add a late charge and then change my rate to the default 30%. When you call to show them the proof of payment, they say there is nothing they can do. The rep was rude and acted like I was taking money from her paycheck. It took 20 minutes to get her to give me a supervisor. I was on hold for 6 minutes before she picked up. I started over. Very nicely I might add and what I got was" I cant do anything about that" Ever since Bank One was taken over, their service has gone straight down the toilet. I could not get a rep to call me back about refinancing my house. The loan officer at my branch!!! So I refinanced with another lender. Then I started getting charged for my free checking. Guess what. I closed that. Then they said they were raising my interest rate on my credit card since I used a different card to consolidate some debt.. The month before they sent me checks at 2.9% and begged me to use their card to consolidate. They gave me $8000 more credit. They sent checks every month for 6 months. When I used a different card, they got vindictive. I have told every officer I know not to bank with Chase. I have a credit score of 745 and get treated like I have a 445. We make over $100,000 a year. I guess I'm not good enough for Chase Bank. My advise: Get out. Spread the word. Go to USAA or your local credit union where they will get to know you.

Comments

• St
      29th of Oct, 2007

All you have to do is "google chase credit card" and you will learn about their practices. Its amazing that the federal government has not shut them down for usury and fraud. We have 4 cards with them, and all are going to be transferred within the next few weeks.

Their mode of operation is to offer you a low rate, and once you sign up, shoot you up to the default rate through some deceitful and pitiful methods. There are enough stories on the web to illustrate how.

They are a step below a loan shark.

• Tm
      29th of Mar, 2008

I completely agree - somehow my payments were always greatly delayed in posting. Then one month there was a holiday which delayed it one day past the due date and the REAMED me with fees. I'm outta there - will never use them again and I hope you don't either!!!

• Br
      5th of Sep, 2008

Ok you all, you need to understand that if you use a bill pay service with your bank to send the payments, you need to give it 3-5 business days for the payment to be received by Chase. The reason is because that payment has to go through the Federal Reserve Bank before Chase would get the payment. This process does not matter if it is electronic or not. The process the Federal Reserve is the same process that was done a long time ago with paper checks. You need to give it time to be received by Chase...also Chase has no idea of when that payment is going to be received because you have put that info and responsibility with your bank's bill pay system. Why are you yelling at Chase for getting the payment after the due date when you placed that responsibility with your bank's bill pay?

Chase does have the option to do the same payments through them on their website but they will post the payment AND GIVE YOU THE AVAILABLE CREDIT ON THE CARD TO USE while the whole Federal Reserve Process is being done. Seems to me that Chase is doing more to give you options than your bill pay!!!

• Ca
      24th of Mar, 2009

I received April's statement from Chase and saw that the minimum payment of 2% of the balance had been reinstated and the $10 monthly service charge had been removed and credited to the account. Is this a result of the federal bail out?, the result of a law suit?, or was it all just an effort to reduce the number of 3.99% and 5.99% accounts?