Chase Credit Card / promotional rate change
Like many other people who have posted complaints about Chase's unconscionable change in promotional rates, I never received the notification which Chase allegedly sent in November, 2008. I called their customer service number to request a copy of the notice, and the representative agreed to send it. What I received from Chase, however, was a note claiming I had agreed to the change in terms involving a higher interest rate.
I called back to advise Chase i had never agreed to a change in the rate, and that I had only requested a copy of the new terms. The high-handed, snooty supervisor I spoke with said that there is no way Chase can send a letter describing the terms without actually changing the terms. After further, heated discussion, he said they will change my terms back to the original promotional rate with the higher minimum payment and the $10monthly service charge. We'll see if this happens. In the meanwhile, you would be well advised not to request a written statement of the terms if you just want to find out what they are.
More Chase Credit Card Complaints & Reviews
- Chase Bank - closed my account without notice 
- Chase - denied fraud claim 
- Chase Home Finance, LLC - mortgage fraud/scam 
- Chase Auto Finance - vehicle repossession after payment arrangement was made 
- Chase Home Finance - chase now causing and encouraging foreclosure! 
- Chase Bank / JPMorgan Chase Bank - banking
- Chase Bank / JPMorgan Chase Bank - checking account promotion
- Chase Bank / JPMorgan Chase Bank - debit card
- Chase Bank / JPMorgan Chase Bank - mortgage
- Chase Bank - hurricane plan