Chase Bank / JPMorgan Chase Bank / bad customer service

Immokalee, FL, United States Review updated:

On October 11th, 2017 I went to a branch at Santa Barbara in Naples Florida 34104 to open an account, a banker by the name of Martha has refused to open that account, she said her manager by the name of Alejandro told her not to open it. I think it's prejudice because my documents were correct. I arrived at the bank at 4:55 pm and she told me it was too late anyway to open that account when the bank was going to be closed at 6:00 pm. Then she started by asking me some questions, then she said I am not qualified for an account when I have a perfect credit, a good background and a good job. She didn't open it because I am black guy, that was her only motive. I think this is wrong to discriminate people like that. If I had another color, it was going to be ok. Next day, I went to another bank and I didn't have any problem at all. This branch has to stop treating people like that. I am not the only one, I know other people with the same problem.This is very bad.
Sincerely
Elissoy Herard
[protected]

El
Oct 23, 2017

Comments

• Ru
      Nov 05, 2017

On October 24, I made a deposit thru the ATM at Chase Tower on 10th Street. There were four checks in the deposit. One check was in the amount of $270.00, but was deposited for $970.00.. I thought it would auto correct over night but it did not. I went to the branch on October 26th and was promised the matter would be resolved within 2 business days. I called the issuer of the check and informed them of the situation. On October 28, I received an e-mail that the matter had been resolved. However, when I looked at my checking activity, it had not been resolved. I returned to the branch on November 1, 2017 and was told that by the time I got home and logged onto my computer, I would be able to see that the matter had been resolved. It still has not been resolved. I filed a complaint thru their Secure Message System and am told, "We are working on it." I am not a Happy Camper and am looking for a new bankd.