The most trusted and popular consumer complaints website
Explore your opportunities! Create an account or Sign In

Chase Bank / allowed fraudulent charges on my acct now refuses to refund my money

1 CO, United States

I had a fraudulent charge go through my acct back in June of 2009. The # listed on my statement next to the charge was not a valid #. So I phoned Chase bank, they refunded my money and the insufficient fees back to my account gave me a new card and I thought wow that was easy. then a month later with no notice what so ever my account was negative, because Chase bank re-reversed all the fees causing me another $140 in overdraft fees so now the total is $334.31. I spoke with Chase numerous times trying to get the info that the merchant supposedly gave them, because Chase told me that if I should proof of the refund from the merchant then they would refund the insufficient fees back to my account. Chase told me its in the mail, they would email it to me and NOTHING. So I finally went into a local branch where they told me they could do NOTHING for me. I told them I wanted a # to the merchant and that I was not leaving until I got one. They gave me an 800# which was not valid, but somehow this 800 # new the # I needed to call. I called and called and demanded my money back from them they would continue to hang up on me over and over again. Finally, i researched and wrote to the Attorney General's office and what do you know I received a check in the mail from the merchant for $89.31 and I have faxed over all the info showing proof of the refund to Chase twice in the last 5 days and still no refund. I called today and they transferred me to a telephone banker for the refund. The lady is now saying that she can not refund MY MONEY to me because it is over 120 days. CHASE BANK has the WORST customer service in the world. I don't know why anyone would want to be a customer there. They are probably working with these scams for a kickback. I would like to know what kind of legal action I can take against Chase for my refund?

Post your comment