Chase Bank / terrible bank

United States Review updated:
Chase Bank
Had four accounts to with Chase Bank have banked with them for about 4 years. Had one account I did internet business with and one of the checks bounced from a customer then Chase froze all my accounts on October 8, 2008. The account which I have direct deposit for several years. Informed me they mailed however did not receive. Then went back to the Branch of Chase where my accounts were informed me they would stop payment and isse me another check and to this date have not received November 29, 2008. A period of 8 weeks. Am supposed to have balnce of my checking account within 10 business days of closing. Have repeatedly called and keep making excuses.

N  25th of Feb, 2009 by
I have had a credit line Visa Card with Chase since 2006. I have never been late with a payment. In addition, I have good credit and my credit report shows that I pay my bills on time. This credit card had a limit of $3700.00. In addition this account came with check writing privileges. I wrote a check for $2000.00 and deposited it into my account. Prior to doing this I called Chase to confirm that what I was doing was alright. I was told it was alright and proceeded. This morning at 8:20am est I did receive a phone call from a man who identified himself as calling from 'Credit Operations'. My caller ID did show 'Private Caller'. This man asked me numerous personal questions and stated it was his job to complete a review of the account. I had to stop him numerous times and ask him to identify himself. In addition, not knowing who in fact I was speaking to, I had to insure that he was who he said he was by identify my employer. After answering his questions I was told that a check which I had written for $2000.00, which had cleared my bank, would not be honored. I then asked to speak to a supervisor, at which point I was put on the phone with 'Larry'. Larry refused to give me his last name, address or contact phone number. Larry told me that because of my credit report showing a high debt to income ratio Chase would not honor this check. i explained that this would cause a problem since I had already accounted for and used the monies. My bank was under the assumption, as was I, that this check had cleared. Chase has caused me, my family, my reputation harm by their inconsiderate and drastic tactics. At no time did Chase advise me that they would not honor my credit line or the check I had written. It was after the fact that Chase did what they did and what they did is wrong. At the least, at this point Chase should have agreed to honor this check. If they want to reduce my limit so be it, but honor the check. It's banks such as this that are causing many American's headaches and heartaches. These big banking institutions feel that there's nothing that and average, hardworking individual can do, or should I say won't do. Chase does not see the harm or the tears in the eyes of the American's that they are hurting. Chase is destroying the same American people who brought them to the status that they are at now. If nothing else the $2000.00 check should have been honored, as not written or verbal notice was given that would have led me to believe anything different.
A  12th of Mar, 2009 by
I have been paying my payment monthy on time. After reciveing a notice that I had not paid my payment on time. I called chase about I was told the the min. payments went form 2 precent of outstanding balance to 5 precent of outstanding balance, I cancelled that card as they told me that this well hurt my credit, after they had changed term I sign when I got the card.

I will never do bussiness with chase or other credit card companies that use this to bring credit user in to deflaut to get more money out of the holder, it is a scam.
N  4th of May, 2009 by
I have been a loyal customer of Wamu for several years. I have always paid my payments online, on time, and for greater than the minimum amount due. When Chase took over for Wamu they stated that they were unable to transfer the account information and that I would have to enter all of my payment information again. I did this, including re-entering the information to confirm that it was correct. I later received a postcard in the mail stating that they had not received the payment and were adding a late charge (as it was now late) as well as a returned check charge (even though the payment had never gone through). They stated the reason for this was that the bank reported it as an "unknown account" and that I should contact my bank for further information. My bank stated that they did not receive a request for payment from Chase and that I should confirm that the information Chase had was correct. I tried to contact them by phone and was told that the wait time would be greater than 10 minutes and that I should try again later. I then used their online email contact form and submitted a request for more information. When I tried to access my payment account information it would only show the last 4 digits of the account number (which were correct). I received a response from the bank stating that due to the large number of inquiries they would respond in 24 hours. After 2 days, I still had not received a response so I sent another email. I finally received a response stating that the charges were valid and would stand but that they could not give me any of the banking information online. I would have to contact the customer service number for that. I contacted customer service via telephone and was informed that they could not confirm my banking information either. When I explained the problem, they stated that they could not tell me what THEY had but that I could give them the correct information and they could confirm it. When I repeated the correct account number, I was told that "No, that is not what they had". I asked how it differed and they would only state that the last 4 digits (which I could already see online) were correct but that something else was wrong but they couldn't tell me what it was. There is no way that I could enter the information incorrectly more than once. This is obviously a way for them to collect more fees from a "new" customer. After reading other complaints listed here, it appears to be a universal problem. And why should Americans support our banking system????? I say, no more bailouts!!!
A  5th of May, 2009 by
I say class action suit
N  17th of Sep, 2009 by
We totally understand we have been with Chase for about 4yrs and we have had nothing but headaches with them. The are one of the five big banks and will not help anyone. We have been trying to modifiy both our loans with them and here we are 8 months later, and nothing yet. But they will call religously for there payments to be made on time. They have not only yelled at us, but repeatedly have threatened us. We are at a breaking point with them we are not asking for much just some help to lower our payments so we can keep paying and keep our house. But by the way they move they won't help anyone, but there big fat pockets. So if you ask us Chase is not as good of a bank as they come off as.

Chase Bank / JPMorgan Chase Bank Logo Chase Bank / JPMorgan Chase Bank