Chase Auto Financial / title of car

I paid off my car back in two months ago and I have yet to receive my title. Several days after I paid off my debt to them I got a letter in the mail stating that I would get my title in twenty business days and to call such and such 1-800 number if I don't receive it. I waited the twenty days and got nothing. I waited another week just in case and still again nothing came in the mail. I called the 1-800 number and they told me that it should arrive soon and to give it another week. Being a patient man I did and of course nothing. I called them again and they told me it was out of their hands that they sent it to the DMV. Question is, which DMV? The letter had my current address on it but they are not sure whether or not the mailed it to Washington state, California, Arizona, or Connecticut. The woman told me that I had to contact all of these places in order to find it. Apparently they let a third party handle sending out titles. I can't register my car in Connecticut without my title or get the new car I was planning on trading my old one in for. This is how they treat their Vets? Thanks a lot Chase Auto Financial!