Charter Communications / calling email to friends and to myself spam

1 Ironwood, MI, United States Review updated:

This company has filters they use on emails via their Outlook Express, and it is almost impossible for me to stop their assinine filtering of and refusing to send my emails to self, friends and relatives when some filter calls it SPAM because of some word or something found by a filter. The latest, among several this month, was my sending email titled "Chimp Attacks: Your Emails" which has nothing to do with MY mails. It had comments sent TO the BBC site regarding a chimpanzee in a Swedish zoo who apparently planned rock- throwing attacks on watchers!! Most of the time what they call SPAM has to do with anything against the New World Order, Monsanto, HR 875, free speech, etc. They even labelled a real U.S. Government site as SPAM

I despise this company but have to prefer it to phone connection services, so I have nothing better to take. It seems I must get my email in a plan thru another company, if possible. Then Charter should give me a refund toward their always increasing prices.
Yes I see how others have complained about their listing of prices if you try to find out from a rep. They make things look cheaper because they do not mention extra fees unless you tie them down to TOTALcost and ask them to write it all down.
I agree with other complaints against this company and am not surprised that they are failing!!!

Te

Comments

• Na
      1st of Apr, 2009

For no apparent reason, Charter has labeled emails from my daughter's high school and my son's middle school as spam, and therefore, will not allow them to be delivered. This occurs on a random basis. Charter will allow some to go through and then stop them. This is THE way I, and many others, communicate with our children's schools. After contacting Charter, they said it would be reviewed, and if in THEIR opinion it was not spam, would allow the emails to continue. Charter allows a tremendous amount of junk to come through which I know is spam, but they block important communication from my local schools. They also indicated it would take 24-48 hours. I have already lost 3 days of emails and apparently, have to wait longer.
    Unbelieveable!