Charter Communications / policy at charter only allows 30 days reimbursement of overcharges that are their fault.

Charter overcharged us for an additional DVR and DVR service for 10 months. When we added Showtime the operator noted the second DVR. We told her that we only had one. She indicated we had been charged for two from the date of enrollment with Charter even though they only had us register for one of their DVR boxes. She stated I needed to stay home from 8 am to 5 pm so they could verify we only had one DVR. After 5 pm when no one had come to the home or called, I called Charter.for the third time. (I had called on Friday to schedule the appointment and then called on Monday to verify my appointment. I was told it was still scheduled and again that I would be refunded the money.) The last call I made I was told no one needed to come out, then I was told they did need to come out, and then again told they did not need to come out. The operator told me that her supervisor needed to figure out the refund and I held for the supervisor. By this time, I had been on the phone for almost an hour. The operator then told me her supervisor said their policy was they could only refund 30 days of an overcharge. I then ask to speak the supervisor. The supervisor stated that was Charter's policy since I had received the bill and knew what they were charging. She said it was my responsibility to check my bill. I told her the amount was incorrect since day one and if they knew we had only one of their DVR's (with it's serial number) why would they charge us for two. This amount was 20 dollars plus over 10 months. She offered me about half of the amount but I indicated it was their mistake and I wanted the entire amount reimbursed. How many people are they overcharging and then use this 30 day policy for keeping the overcharge? As one worker told me, you have to work for the company to understand the bill. There is a lot of writing about what they can do to you on the back of the bill but this policy is missing. This is my money and their mistake. They are profiting greatly from their mistake and telling me it was my responsibility to catch it. I ask to speak to the manager and was told she was not available. The supervisor would not give me the manager's number but said she would give her my number after I ask for the manager to call me.

Ja

Comments

4th of Feb, 2011

Yes, they've done it to me twice. They overcharged me for a modem that I owned. Each time they only offered me $20 because the customer service person said that's the best they can do. What a ripoff!