Charter Communications / invalid charges for issues on their end

Hi, I subscribed to Charter High Speed Internet on 10/20/06 and I had charter technician at my house to fix issues 2 times. First time signal was fluctuating so no good connection, and 2nd time it was not connecting (something wrong with line). For 2nd visit they want to say it was modem which was not working right. I called them and spoke with their customer service and asked what or how was it not working right? they have no answer for it! I told them over and over that if modem was not working how come it started working after that? I told them there was line connection issue over and over since I was not getting solid connection. But they keep repeating modem was not working but no other explanation when I asked details of problem! 2nd thing I don't agree is that, when I was doing troubleshooting over phone night before, tech on phone NEVER even mentioned there will be charge for that or anything? Never in past even they mentioned there is charge for service calls or such. And clearly in this case, issue was on their end, for which they have to fix it. What I don't agree is that they charging me $35 for trip charge on which they did nothing. I even told technician that what was I experiecing, details that connection was coming and losing due to FOR SURE line problem, not modem!!! I need $35 removed from my invoice please. Please call me or let me know if additional details needed.

Nirav Patel

Comments

• Ca
      29th of Jan, 2007

Yes, i have been billed for $189 and i have never had cable in the states I'm in the military i am 20 and my b-day is 02/20/87 and the cable was opened in my name by my mother in 1997 and she said she was my spouse is there any way i can get that off my credit cause it is messing up my credit.