Charter / Bad service
I called Charter to cancel a service and was talked into a promotional rate for their expanded cable. I agreed but said I would probably cancel after the promotinal rate because of the increase of cost after the 6 months. I was told that I could do that anytime and the rate would expire on the June billing. Well, it did and when I called to cancel I was told there was a $19.95 downgrade charge. What? I asked to speak to supervisor and was put on hold and disconnected. I thought it was just a mistake but after seeing the other complaints I kind of wonder.
When I called back I was connected right away with someone and they were really helpful and did put me through to a supervisor. He agreed to waive the charge after I explained I was talked into the expanded service and was planning on canceling after the promotional period. This is the first time I've heard of a downgrade fee but just wanted to let everyone know that Charter has thought of yet another way to charge more money. I wish I had more options where I live but it's somewhat limited.
More Charter Complaints & Reviews
- Charter Communications - hard core porn shows on tv 
- Charter Communications - service outages 
- Charter Communications - being charged for returned equipment & the worst customer service/follow thru 
- Cui - Communications Unlimited (Charter Cable - Communications) - Bad Service / mis-management 
- Charter Communications - internet service outages 
- Charter Communications / Spectrum.net - sewer line damage by spectrum contractor
- Charter Communications - internet 
- Charter Communications - installation debacle
- Charter Communications - burying cable
- Charter Communications - delivery of equipment response when late