Champion Windows / scammers and bullies

US Review updated:

We were interested in getting a patio room added to our deck, so we visited the Champion showroom where we were pressured by a salesman to sign a contract a leave a substantial deposit that day. We added a condition to the contract that if our Home Owner's Association denied our request for a patio room, then our contract will be null. Also, the salesman told us verbally that if we changed our mind for whatever reason, at any time, our deposit would be returned to us as long as the job hadn't been started. Our Home Owner Association ended up denying the addition of a patio/sunroom, so we requested an immediate return of our $3, 000.00 deposit. It has been almost 2 years now that we have been trying to get our refund back. The president at Champion Windows of Atlanta has done everything possible to avoid refunding our money. His last correspondence to us was a suggestion from him that we get ourselves an attorney to help collect our refund. We feel that we have been ripped off and bullied.

Sh

Comments

Aug 24, 2009

Really it is just a standard way of doing business at Champion... Yes, I used to work for Champion in another city but only for a short period of time and I seen this happen too many customers who want out of a contact even though the company has not ordered anything for there project. I seen Champion just out right lie and tell a customer they have ordered products for the customer order when they really haven't done anything to try to steal your their money. Champion wants to hold all customers hands to the fire as far as a contact but guess who wrote the contact that hold themself harmless. If you make a purchase in a Champion showroom you are just bar-b-qued as soon as the door shut behind you and they are experts at that. Champion makes you sign a contacts that says you can't back out of the deal but the salesperson can tell you anything to get you the sign the contacts and not be held accountible for his or her actions. It is just not a pleasant experance at Champion for an employee that is between two sides so I just decided to move on to something that is more professional. I would just get that Attorny and Champion can pay his bills as well. I really think that someone needs to file a class action law suit on Champion because thsi is stardard at Champion. Its really just a form of stealing so I have been posting to warn people not to get involved with Champion. Champion does do good work but as far as a sale organization its really unprofessional at best. Worked at Champion just reminded me of a movie called Used Cars. I would report them to the BBB and good luck with dealing them.

• Co