Certegy Check Services, Inc. / improper check stoppages

Certegy is used by companies such as Sun Glass Hut and Walgren's for check review during purchase. Certegy uses incompetent methods do determine the validity of a check despite the validity of a check, the checking account or the bank. What Certegy denies is approved by another check service vendor on the same day.

Writing checks to pay-as-you-go v. charging everything on cards is punished by Certegy.I need info on how to force change on Certegy so that check purchases are properly dealt with.

Will consider law suit.

Calling Certegy @ [protected] provides no relief.

Comments

Ma
  21st of May, 2007

Yes!! Belcrest Lending Services has taken my money they say that they need a 6 months deposit for a $5000 which it is 930.00 so i send that my by moneygram and still up to now no money and no way to get a hold of them... Please if you can help us... that been scammed and been stolen of money. How can we get that money back??? HELP!!! HELP!!!

Un
  27th of Oct, 2009

I was forced to use my credit card to pay for items purchased from Target on 210th street, Westgate Mall on October 20, 2009. The check was not accepted for a reason that did not make any sense. It was said that they are keeping a close check on one check that was overdrafted? I checked with my bank that everything was okay with my account. I have more than enough funds to cover the check. I had just sent a seven hundred dollar check through Best Buy. I reason I feel was invalid. This seems to be some kind of scam going on using Target

Mi
  4th of Apr, 2016

This place is a shim sham outfit and it will end up closing stores who use them their methods are so scewed its not funny.
had an incident happen to me at Kohls dept. store went to check out and gave them a check for a small amount of $150.00 my check was denied with a novel written on the back the cashier tells me to call the number on the back she has no other info to offer up. How embarrassing in over 30yrs. I have never had this happen to me, I was livid to say the least. After one hour on hold I finally talked to someone, had to give her all info on check and more, I told her if I give you all this info you can tell me why this check was denied oh sure she says, well after about 10minutes of screwing around, she says oh I can put you on a VIP list I said screw the list lady I'm pissed off why was this check denied plenty of funds in acct. to cover this?! she starts to read something from a manual like a robot I blew up and said you are NOT telling my why??? at that point I told her to destroy any info I just relayed to her I will never shop at that store again they just lost a customer for Life! I called the manager of the store and gave her a piece as well, said hope your happy running good paying people off! then I called my bank and reported them all! and to be on the look out for scam... yes calls action suit I'm in!...