Certegy Check Services / refusal to cash payroll check

1 GA, United States Review updated:

Certegy Check Services refuses to allow Wal-Mart Check Cashing to Cash Legitimate PAYROLL checks from a MAJOR Company. Their "reason" per their customer service rep is "based on our computer model your payroll check bears the markers of a fraudulent or forged check and we cannot override the computer model." Now, this payroll check is generated by ADP for a world-side well known company, and Walmart/Certegy will NOT CASH IT? Further, who are these idiot computer programmers developing computer models that mark well known company payroll checks as fraudlent? Why don't the customer service reps at Certegy know who their president of the company is or even give you their complete name and managers name to reference in a complaint? This company needs to be PUT DOWN. They are a disservice to Wal-Mart and many other companies.

Comments

• On
      11th of Mar, 2010

I have a paper check for the first time in about 12 years and is due to being laid off and receiving my first unemployment check in my life. I was at WalMart and decided to try their check cashing service that my teenage son has used (does not have checking account) and figured I'd put it on a moneymart card I have of theirs then. It was in the evening and my bank was closed. I was pretty shocked when I was denied. At first the girl thought it was because I wasn't in their system yet and she tried again. I've had direct deposit forever and never needed to cash a check for anything. If I had one, I just deposited it through an ATM. I was so embarassed. It was bad enough standing with an unemployment check as it was and going through about a worse depression ever being w/o a job in the first place still. I called the # that printed on my little receipt and it turned out after nine years of being married, the Certegy system did not have my SS# updated with my new name. They will not cash any checks that are in my new name until I MYSELF call and get it straightened out. I told the girl on the phone that WalMart better get a new company to do their check cashing if they are using one that can't get their records up to date after nine years for crying out loud. I'm not taking the time to prove I got married nine years ago and what my new name is. It also took business from them because I did not put any $ on the card like I planned to. Of course, it was WalMart, what do they care. I never felt that way until the last year or so. The girl was as civily polite as possible.

• Ge
      5th of Nov, 2010

Certegy became a part of Fidelity National Information Services, Inc. in 2006. Certegy is located in Tampa, FL, but you might have better luck if you were to write to FIS directly... they do list a page of the corporate officers. www.FISGlobal.com. Hope this helps you in lodging your complaint.