Certegy Check Services / unfair actions

United States Review updated:

I went to Wal-mart to cash a payroll check and a 401k check. I have cashed many checks there without a problem. I was banking through Wells Fargo and would have brought them there, but I closed my account with them due to their actions they are taken and being sued for. I was denied to cash my check and not given any reason. Just told I can get a copy of my credit report and call Certegy. Even the manager said just get a copy of your credit report. What does my credit report have to do with anything, I didnt apply for anything or authorize Certegy to run my credit file information. I just wanted to cash two checks. I called Certegy, and did get through to somebody, who would not tell me anything and kept saying I am confused what is it you want. I explained for a 3rd time what I was calling about and she said sorry and hung up on me. What kind of answer is that?!? I had a check at Wal-mart bounce about a year ago, took it to court because it was a Wells Fargo error. There was money in the account and Wells Fargo shows it to this day as paid, but they never actually sent the funds. It was settled in my favor that I was not at fault and that I am cleared from the whole writing bad checks record as well. I dont know if this is what it is over, but it is not fair to take actions and make a ruling that goes over what the judge has already ruled upon. I would definately like to see a suit be brought against them. I had to go to a regular grocery store, and they were more than willing to cash and it was even cheaper through them than Wal-mart, I just planned on buying some items at Wal-mart. Instead I am done using them, even if paying in cash until they fix their problem they are causing with Certegy. Easter weekend and the store is packed and having a manager say get your credit report in front of all those people while I am in a professional uniform was just embarrassing. I have my credit report and I know that it is not on there. My family and fiance wont be using them anymore either until they get rid of Certegy nobody deserves such treatment.

Comments

• Pr
      May 04, 2009

The Fair credit reporting act has nothing to deal with your credit report. They dont run your credit or anything. Its a consumer report on your checking history through Certegy. I can tell you right now WALMART IS NOT A BANK. They dont have to cash your checks. Your checks are subject to an approval process and if they decide to take the risk of your check. Then you should be greatful.

• As
      Jul 21, 2009

IS THERE ANYWAY CERTEGY COULD BE SUED BY A CLASS ACTION ????? THEY CAUSED HEARTACHE TO ME BECAUSE MY DOG DIED BECAUSE THEY DENIED MY CHECK ...AND THEY ALSO CAUSE ALOT OF EMBARRESSMENT TO ALOT OF PEOPLE ...WHAT CAN WE DO ABOUT THIS COMPANY ??????? [protected]@aol.co PLEASE CONTACT ME IF ANYONE KNOWS WHAT WE CAN DO ...thank you