Centurylink Internet / fraudulent termination fees

Aug 4, 2015
5580 S 2200 W Apt 5
Phone: 8019412626
Please be aware of deceptive practices of Century link Internet. After trying to negotiate a cheaper price for their services, I was made an offer of 19.95 per month. The catch was you had to agree to a one year contract, and auto pay and paperless billing. I did not see the problem with that, since I had been a loyal customer for 6 years, and had no desire to change internet companies. The problems began right away in April, when I gave them my card information, and they told me everything had been set up to begin on my next billing cycle. Since then, it has been a nightmare, I kept receiving a higher bill, none of which was automatically taken out of my account. I talked to numerous agents over the next two months, each giving me a different story, and a few even hanging up on me. I was told There was no promotion for that price, I was told, I had failed to sign up for paperless billing, although I had been previously told they had done the paper work. I gave them my banking information on 3 different occasions. The final straw came when they sent me an email saying over $70.00 would be deducted from my account. By that time I had enough, and feel they breached our verbal contact. I Called my bank, closed my card, and called Century link to discontinue service. Of course they tried to talk me into staying a customer, and even found the discrepancies in my bill. but by then my trust was broken. I no longer can trust they have the ability to have access to my banking information. I canceled my services with them. Yesterday I received a notification they would be deducting $255.00 from my account for breach of contract. I called and tried to resolve this issue as it is they, who broke our agreement. I was told it is my problem and they will pursue action to collect the termination fee. I have no recourse but to take them to court. In my opinion, it would be foolish to trust them to have free access to my account. I am disabled, on a fixed income, and cannot afford to pay a bill I don't believe I owe..
Please be wary of giving your banking information to Corporations, who believe they are too big to lose a litigation dispute. This company is out no money, I have paid all my bills in a time manner, and it is unfair they try to ruin my credit rating because of errors on their part.

CenturyLink Logo CenturyLink