Centerpoint Energy / failure to act promplty!
I had a home removed and am having another built on the lot in Houston, Texas. When trying to get service disconnected at the street for safety in demolishing the old house, Centerpoint first lost my request and then told me it would take another 6 weeks after I paid $300. However, it could be done in 1 week for $700. It ended up being 6 weeks between contacting them and getting the service terminated and that was only after I called to let them know the house was being torn down no matter what in a few days and that I would make sure the company had their phone number in case they hit a gas line.
Then, my final bill was never mailed and the only way I found it was to happen to check the old account online. At that point, there was a late fee assessed and because they did not turn the service off even though I requested it, I am being charged $25 for one ccf of gas! Unfortunately, the Texas Public Utilities Commission does not regulate gas. So, I am doing my part to let you know to expect problems with Centerpoint Energy.
More Centerpoint Energy Complaints & Reviews
- Cenerpoint Energy - home service plus is a worthless 
- Centerpoint Energy - unauthorized access into yard by meter reader 
- Centerpoint Energy Gas - Reconnect Fees 
- Centerpoint Energy - Houston, TX - Very poor customer care service! 
- Centerpoint Energy - scam and fraud 
- CenterPoint Energy - fixed street light but damaged our sprinklers and ripped off the grass
- CenterPoint Energy - electric/gas
- CenterPoint Energy - turning on my gas
- CenterPoint Energy - need to pay gas bill for the last 4 months again as they re calibrated meter
- CenterPoint Energy - power outage