Centerpoint Energy Gas — Reconnect Fees
CenterPoint Energy rightfully shut off my gas service and I have no complaint about this, as I was completely in the wrong for failing to make my payment. However after 5 years of service and no previous mishaps, I as completely floored by the fees associated with reconnections and their reconnection schedule. I identified that my services were terminated on Thursday, August 7, 2008 at 6:30pm after returning home from work. I immediately contacted CenterPoint and found them closed for the day. I called back to the office on August 8, 2008 at 7:54am and was informed by a very nice lady, that for me to have reconnection, I must pay the balance due $127.89 (understandable), a new deposit of $70.00 and a technician service fee of $62.06. I find the deposit request to be extreme punishment, in conjunction with a reconnection fee of $62.06. To add to this punishment, I was told the Houston office of CenterPoint would not schedule a reconnect on the day of payment and they would only schedule for the next business day. Unfortunately for me, I made the payment and reconnection call on a Friday and the next business day meant, I would have to wait until Monday for a technician to return to my home. After paying over $250.00, you would think that CenterPoint would make an effort to restore service so their customer is not without hot water and a working stove for an entire weekend. But of course why should they care about us when they are the only game in town, and we don't have a choice in whether we play or not.
More Centerpoint Energy Gas Complaints & Reviews
- Cenerpoint Energy - home service plus is a worthless
- Centerpoint Energy - unauthorized access into yard by meter reader
- Centerpoint Energy - scam and fraud
- Centerpoint Energy - Houston, TX - Very poor customer care service!
- Centerpoint Energy - failure to act promplty!
- Centerpoint Industries - Lots of delays and excuses
- Centerpoint Energy - reconnection requirements and procedures
- Centerpoint Energy - 83a (superviser in houston office)
- Centerpoint Energy - destroyed my, front, yard flower beds and sprinkler system
- Centerpoint Energy - restoring power to commercial building - humble tx.