[Resolved] Cell C / contract cancelled and paid in full yet still active

I have been fighting with Cell C regarding a contract on my name since May when I paid the account in full and asked that they cancel the contract.
I was informed by the customer service that the payment would still go through on their side until the contract is cancelled which I was not happy with but since it didn't come off my bank account and was only on a statement from then I allowed it.
I cant even remember how many consultants I have spoken to regarding this contract.
Last month I had to have a transaction reversed on my account as Cell C again started taking money from my account and I made it clear again that I cancelled this contract... great, this morning I get a call to say my account is in arrears and after correcting the amazingly helpful [censor] that phoned me, she put the phone down in my ear... AWESOME SERVICE CELL C !!! not only do you take money from an account without my approval, you cant follow simple instructions on cancelling a contract but your team is so helpful that they are allowed to cut someone off while trying to correct them.

last month I received three reference numbers and I had my bank reverse the payment.
REF: [protected]

Payment made in full on 26 May 2017 8:13:53 Total: R1963.00 Trace ID: VODSW8GRY8JD contract number that should have been cancelled: [protected]

Cell C

• Resolution statement

• Cell C Customer Care's Response, Nov 29, 2017

Dear Ms Henderson

We sincerely apologize for the unpleasant experience.

Our team will be calling you shortly to assist.

^NT