[Resolved] Cell C / cell c

CAPE TOWN, South Africa

Hi Theodora,

Please explain to me why you did not do what you had promised to do and today you debited my account with the amount of R584.00

What exactly is this amount for as you collected your router and we only got the initial contracted data which is 1GB daytime and 1GB nigh time. And this contract is R150.00.

I will appreciate a quick response and I would appreciate it more if you can refund my account with the balance asap as this is my money and I need to use it for my kids!!!

For how long are you planning to torture me so?

See below my initial complaint on the 27 September 2017:
Good day,

I would like to lay a complaint against CellC.

On August 26th 2017 I went to the CellC Branch in Zevenwacht Mall to confirm if I was still illegible for an upgrade after I received a call from CellC but at the time declined the offer. I was advised that I was yes I do qualify for the deal 20gb daytime data and 20gb nightime data for R299 per month on the router, but the way the store consultant explained the upgrade process to me, which didn't make any sense, I decided not to take the upgrade at the store than and rather pay the contract the remaining 2 months and take my business elsewhere. On the 30th of August 2017 I was contacted by one of CellC's outsource company's agents her name is Kim. I received this call round about 9o'clock the morning and her explanation of the upgrade process made more sense. I explained to her of the encounter I had in the branch and her exact words was "The consultant spoke utter nonsense". She advised that I have R160 remaining on the current contract and if I agreed to upgrade the contract on that day for the 20gb daytime and 20gb nightime data for R299 per month I would get the data on the 1st of September and that the router will be dropped the following day on 31st September 2017 and we'll be able to use the router immediately as we will get a pro-rated amount of data for that 1 day, but will receive the full data package on the 1st of September. She explained that she will split the R160 balance in 2 for me to pay
R379 for the month of September and R379 for the month of October and as of November the 25th I will pay R299 per month for this contract. This is because I wanted the upgrade to take effect immediately.
The router was dropped the next day and we started using the router from the 1st wee in October as we were on holiday and only activated the router then. But we did not receive the full 20gb we were promised but only 10gb. I called into CellC since than on numerous occasions to query this and I have been transferred from 1 agent to another, calls has been dropped in my ear, I have been shouted at by agents and been spoke down on by others. I have not been assisted and by the 3rd week of calling in almost every 2nd day I requested that the contract be cancelled and I be placed on my old contract again to pay the remainder of the 2 months and when the contract expires I will NOT upgrade with CellC.

CellC is refusing to fetch their router from me and cancel the contract and top of this they want to bill me for this month's usage of the data that was half the amount they promised. They telling me that's because I used the 10gb. I advised them that the only reason I used it was because I was promised that they were going to add the other 10gb I was supposed to get on the 1st of September. If I knew they were not going to do like they promised I would not have used that data.

I am so disappointed in the poor customer service CellC delivers to their client. You would not say that we as the clients are their bread and butter.

Not to mention the amount of time I had to take out of my working day to speak to CellC and the airtime I had to load on my MTN sim card to phone them because I took out that contract for someone else who is using that number as their primary number and I do not have access to that number during the day and the time I do have access to that number the department I am supposed to be assisted by is closed already and nobody bothers to phone me back to assist me with my query.

PLEASE tell me that someone can help me with my query as CellC is refusing to.

Contract Number: [protected]
Customer Name: Juanita Arries
Reference number: [protected]

The number you can contact me on to provide feedback is [protected]

I WOULD LIKE A CALL BACK TODAY STILL BECAUSE YESTERDAY WHEN I CALLED I WAS PROMISED THAT THEODORA WAS GOING TO CALL ME BACK AND I AM STILL WAITING FOR HER CALL!!!

• Resolution statement

• Cell C Customer Care's Response, Oct 27, 2017

Dear Ms Arries

We sincerely apologize for the unpleasant experience.

Our team is looking into the matter and will revert with feedback.

Do expect our call soon.

^NT