Having problems with Phone Power?

Phone Power Customer Service Contacts

Thu6:00 AM - 8:00 PM
Fri6:00 AM - 8:00 PM
Sat8:30 AM - 5:00 PM
Sun8:30 AM - 5:00 PM

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Phone Power Customer Service. Initial Phone Power complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Phone Power above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Phone Power. Discuss the issues you have had with Phone Power and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Complaints & Reviews

Phone Power VOIP — I miss broadvoice, phone power is horrible, don't use them yet!!!

When a company acquires another company, you might think that good things are about to happen, innovation...

Phone Power Communicationshorrible service, bad customer service, bad technical support

If you are a small business owner and are considering Phone Power's VOIP Service, I'd strongly encourage you to look at some of the alternatives available. Our company is a small but growing call center with approximately 20 telephone lines. When we implemented the service we were immediately plagued with issues:

1. Outbound telephone calls could not be completed, instead they were met with a fast busy signal.
2. Outbound telephone calls would hang with no indication as to the current status of the call.
3. Call quality was horrid, with one way audio a common problem.
4. Inbound calls would go unanswered because they would not ring our hunt group.

In one attempt to fix these issues, over 99 telephone calls to the companies Technical Support Department were made. We were constantly being told it was an issue with our network setup. After numerous IT Specialist reviewing our network and unable to locate any issues (and transmitting that to Phone Power), we were finally made aware, on the 99th telephone call, it was a configuration issue on their end and that the problems could have been resolved a lot quicker.

That is just one example of the horrid experience we have had working with this company. Over the last two weeks we've had so many issues with all of the same problems we've been experiencing for about a year and a half now. Each time you call the Technical Support Department regarding the same issue, even if it is minutes apart, you are asked to perform the same troubleshooting steps you've done a million times before, even minutes prior.

The individuals who are in the Billing Department, including Jim, are unprofessional and I truly believe have a policy that the customer is always wrong. I STRONGLY recommend anyone considering this service not to make the same mistake we did. It is hard for me to express how dissatisfied we are with this company. I've got so much more I haven't included with this horror story.

I've finally given up and made the decision today to switch our entire company to a new VOIP provider. After all, we've had to send our staff home four times in the last two weeks due to issues on Phone Power's Network (which they fully acknowledge). Not acceptable to small business owners who count on the telephones for revenue generation.

Phone Power.com — no service

Calls are full of static and interruptions. Tried to get on web site, call their number and e-mail them. All...

Phonepower.com — unethical billing practices

I would like worn any person who is looking for VOIP service. to stay a way from a company called...

Phonepower.comunauthorized charges

This company will start you out with a low rate but continues to raise that rate each year and then insists that you signed a contract with them which allows them to do so. I never agreed to a contract but got my rate raised and when I cancelled the service, they charged what they called an "early termination fee" and if I dispute that charge with them, they have threatened to charge me with another $25! The company operates very unethically. Do not do business with them. They also make you put a credit card on file to pay your bill and when you try to delete it, their system will not allow you to. Then when you do finally get them to cancel, they immediately block you out of the system, thus you can not cancel any card that might have had on file with them. DO NOT business with this company. There are plenty of betther companies out there who do not try to cheat you!!

• Co
        confused12 Nov 30, 2011

I myself am having issues with this company and alot of unauthorizzed charges they will tell you it is listed in there terms and conditions when it is not and there is no resolving an problems with them they send an invoice and then the same day they suspend your phone, Jennifer and Jessica needs a business course they have no customer service skills

Phone Powerawful service

I used Phone Power for 3 years. Its cheap but you get what you pay for. Service is spotty and don't expect to receive technical support. I had several issues where I called in and it would take days it get your service restored.

Phone Power was my home line but my primary line is my cell phone so the service saw very little use and even then there were way too many issues. Like I said it is cheap and their introductory offer was too good to be true, very much so. The thing to watch is when you have has enough and cancel service they have a hook waiting for you. You must return the cheap little phone modem to them within 30 days of canceling service or the charge you $99.90 for the device please their late return fees.

My sister and I signed up for Phone Power at the same time and took the 2yrs of service offer for $199.99. She could deal with the service issues and after 6 months had to switch back to Bell, taking her phone number with her. She wrote off the $200 she spent on Phone power service as a lesson learned, Phone Power only allow you to cancel service for a refund within the first 45 days. She contacted Phone Power about switch to Bell and they never asked for the return of the modem. About 2 1/2 years later she get contacted by s Phone Power collector wanting the $99.90 modem fees plus a whole slew of late charges.

Beware of them you'll get hooked on their offer and they'll burn you when you cancel. I've know several people who have had them but none that have had a good experience.

• De
          Devlin Jul 03, 2011

Why in the hell if their service was so bad would you have stayed with them for 3 years?

I currently have Phone Power! ( the end of this week makes my 2 year mark ) and the only problems I've had was my DSL service was very unstable after I went dry loop... yes it was my ISP (who is also the local telephone company) that was killing my call quality not the V0IP provider. My speeds kept surging and dropping at times I was at dial up speeds. I made a few unplesant calls to Phone Power assuming the call problems were from them until they had me go to SpeedTest.com and run speed tests 3 times consecutively off and on especially when my call quality was poor. I found it wasn't Phone Power! after all.

I believe especially with 199.99 unlimited U.S. based calling and with all the features I receive it is excellent. I just wish I could keep the 199.99 per 2 year contract going as long as I was a customer but alas it is an introductory offer...

Phone Power — it is a scam

I purchased a Phone Power modem and signed up for a 1-year contract with the 2nd year free. The call quality...

Phone Power — misleading contract terms

I signed up for Phone Power via a 3 party. At the time I signed up, I read all the information given twice to...

Phone Powerrude customer support

I have been trying to get Phone Power to correct my service as the calls drop, there is an echo on the phone line and the audio quality is terrible at best. They are rude and insist that the issue is my service provider (ISP) and not their product. They show no interest in correcting the problem and tell me that if I want to cancel I will NOT get my money back. I have started a blog site www.phonepowersucks.com and will continue to tell all who will listen that this is a company that needs to be avoided. They do not care about their customers and I even had a manager tell me that the CEO is to busy running the business to speak to me. Tell everyone you know that this company does not care about customers.

• Bu
            BuckMm Nov 18, 2010

I could say it is horrible support - if there were ANY support. There is none. You try the chat tool, never a response after you become number one. You try email, and if you are fortunate you get a reply where they tell you to use the knowledge base or call. You call, hold forever, and then your phone dies.

The first response to an email will be a standard canned text asking your ISP, how you have your system connected, what box you are using, etc. Filler stuff that does nothing to address a NON-network/telephone issue.

This company bought out the company I had a contract with fpr years. While the other company had lame support, this one has absolutely none.

Do not sign up with this company, even if it saves you a few bucks. You get what you pay for.. If you read this, you have been wrned.

Phone Power — billing

I had a 1 year contract with Phone Power, 12 monthly payments. I started in January 2009, and moved my...

Phone Powerdrop signal

I started using this company when AT&T decided to drop their VoIP service. I signed up for the two years in advance deal because it looked like a great savings. The problem I now have is that they do not send a proper drop signal when an incoming caller hangs up. If my home recorder picks up, it's going to record some period of busy signal before it gives up and drops the call. There is nothing wrong with my recorder. If I put it on my other line, a land line, it works perfectly. Phone Power says their equipment is working correctly and that I should buy a new recorder. I would not do business with this outfit again unless they can fix this glitch.

• Ca
              Carcar1967 Jan 09, 2010

Is that the extent of your problem? That happened on my AT&T land line all the time. That does not even rank as a problem.

Phone Power — rip off!

I signed up for PHONE POWER on a promotion for 10 a month or something. I paid $44 to send the adapter. I...