Celebrity Cruises / bad service

Our cruise was in June of 04 from Anchorage, Alaska to Vancouver, British Columbia. My major complaint is that over $3000.00 worth of jewelry was stolen from my cabin.<br />
<br />
I am 99% sure this theft was commited by a member of the staff assigned to our deck. I was not aware the jewelry was missing until I got home and proceeded to unpack. I firmly believe it happened on the last night of the cruise while we were out having dinner and attending the show.<br />
<br />
When I reported this to Celebrity Cruises, they treated it as merely a "loss" and did nothing more than search the "lost and found" department.<br />
<br />
I have to admit my own error in not using the provided safe in our cabin, even though I believe the jewelry was lifted out of my suitcase on the eve of departure. Throughout the cruise, the housekeeping staff would carelessly leave cabin doors wide open and often unattended for several minutes at a time.<br />
<br />
If you ever use Celebrity, BE CAREFULL ! ! ! Watch your belongings, use the safe for valuables and lock your suitcases daily while away from the cabin. My advice is to use Crystal Cruises. They are a bit more pricey, but worth it in the long run.

Pa