Casio / Casio Exilim
4 months ago I purchased a new Casio EX-Z1080 from Amazon.com. Everything was great with it until around Halloween time when I started having problems. Keep in mind I babyed this camera, never dropped or bannged it once, purchased a special, padded hard case for it and it was in like NEW condition with not a scratch on it.
One day I was taking a picture and then switching mode to view and the screen went black and the camera shut off, lens still out. After that the power button was non responsive. I took the battery out and put it back in and at that time, the lens retracted and it came back on.
Now about 2 weeks ago the same exact problem happened, however no matter what I did, the camera would not respond. The lens was out but nothing would happen.
I called Casio customer support and they gave me instructions on sending the camera in for repair under warrenty. I paid out of pocket to have the camera sent to their repair facility. 4 days later I get an e-mail saying it would cost me $140 to repair the camera.
Yep, for a 4 month old camera. I called and the customer service lady told me the technician said there was evidence of the camera being misued or dropped. Which is complete baloney. I never dropped the camera once.
Then she said her supervisor would call me in 24-48 hours to discuss the issue with me and its 4 days later and I never received a call.
Now, I have to pay another $8 for them to send it back to me broken.
I will never ever buy a Casio again and I can't wait to tell everyone I know what a crummy company Casio is.
More Casio Complaints & Reviews
- Casio G-Shock Tough Solar Classic - Battery Replacement and Customer Service 
- Casio /Analog (HK-Y) - Stop working 
- Casio - G shock - battery replacement problem 
- Casio - Casio product as their service stinks! 
- casio G Shock - Warranty & Service 
- Casio Watch - casio sport digital atomic watch
- Casio Watch MTP1246D-1AV - New Casio Watch- not functioning
- Casio Electronic Manufacturing Company - Employee misbehavior
- Casio G-Shock atomic time keeping - Unable to remove links from watch band
- Casio - new casio watch broken