[Resolved] Carnival Cruise Lines / discount not applied to bill

My husband & I had a cruise on 20th March 2017 to the Pacific Islands on the Carnival Legend. It was for our 48th Wedding Anniversary, sadly there were numerous faults with our trip eg:
Our dining request was changed to a late sitting from anytime dining .
Our cabin was filthy on arrival & we had to call house keeping. spit smears on the balcony door & wardrobe mirror, dust so thick everywhere, a broken false fingernail left on the dresser, food particle on the carpet, finger prints & smears on the bathroom mirror .
Our safe kept malfunctioning & after repeated calls for repairs eventually a new safe had to be fitted .
Our cabin allocation had a connecting door, WHY CARNIVAL????.. we are elderly !!... the feral children next door were knocking on the door & trying the door handle & as they were left unsupervised at times, the screaming from them all & the constant noise from them was beyond belief. Plus we had children above us, who we assume, were bouncing constantly off their beds so we were hearing the constant thump. thump. thumping .
The ship was filled to capacity the greater percentage being children who did nothing but race around the corridors all day long & til all hours of the night banging on doors, I reported it to the Steward who confirmed he'd had other complaints about it but nothing got done ...where was security ????? sleep was impossible.
I got very sick with gastric & vomiting...I think from bad food, but maybe it was from the filthy room to start with...and just when you think nothing else can go wrong the toilet stopped working & a plumber had to come & fix it .
I saw the medical staff who were excellent, they treated me for a ""stomach flu" & I was placed in Isolation & confined to my cabin for 24 hours...to relax & enjoy the noise ...deep joy!!
Guest services sent a letter to my cabin apologising for my illness & offered a refund of $87.00 being for the 1 day that I had missed being placed in isolation...but... the problem is that this refund is to be applied toward our next trip. My husband rang guest services & asked that the refund be applied to our current bill as we wont be sailing again. He was told it could not be done & we had to take it up with head office . I feel $87 is a bit of a joke for the discomfort we suffered on this cruise, but we'll have to take what is on offer ...SO can you please deduct this amount from our recent bill as we definitely will not be cruising with you again. Thanks Carnival for a memorable 48th Anniversary.

• Resolution statement

• Carnival Cruise Lines Customer Care's Response, Mar 29, 2017

Thank you for sharing Mrs. Poole’s comments with us.

We value her business, and we’re truly sorry that she and Mr. Poole experienced problems during their anniversary cruise this year. Those are absolutely not the kind of memories we’d ever have wanted them to take home with them.

We’ll be contacting Mrs. Pool directly, to address the issues she’s brought to our attention, and we truly hope to have another opportunity to provide her with the fun, memorable cruise vacation we’ve become known for.

Sincerely,