Carnival Cruise Line / misinformed agents

1 Miami Beach, FL, United States Review updated:

In may of this year my boyfriend and I went on a Cruise to the bahamas aboard the Fascination cruise ship. Before leaving I asked my travel agent, who works directly with the cruise line would there be an elegant night on the three day cruise that I was going on. He responded, " No, only on the longer cruises." I thrusting this man we did not pack any Formal wear and missed out on the festivities of that day. To make matters worst when I e-mailed him and told him that he had misinformed me he start to email me snappy remarks and when asked about compensation he told me he does understand the problem and said thing like, " did you miss an meal." There was no apology or any sence of remorse and finally he would not provide me with a complaint department and started to ingore my e- mails. Heres to you Rick Maday. Thanks for being so helpful

Comments

• Cr
      13th of Oct, 2009

It's a shame your experience with a travel agent turned out like it did. Most agents are extremely knowledgeable and would have immediately told you yes, there is a formal night on a three night cruise. Even more on longer cruises. Hopefully, you can find someone you trust in the future. Our agency has been in business twenty years and certainly would not have survived giving answers like that. Feel free to visit our web site at www.CruiseCafe.com in the future and speak with one of our Vacation Specialists.

• Da
      9th of Jul, 2012

We disagree completely with the comments about Rick Maday. We are real travelers who have gone through Rick for carnival cruises on multiple occasions and we have always found Rick to be very responsive to our needs - whether traveling just as a couple or with our children. On a few occasions we have had to fit 5 in a room (3 small kids at the time), and Rick was terrific in finding us both an itinerary and the right-sized room to fit our needs.
    So here's a REAL thanks to Rick!
    D & K M. - Massachusetts