Carnival Cruise Line / vacation on carnival freedom

United States, Florida
Phone: 757-650-6956
Carnival Freedom – Sail Date 11/30/2008
I have cruised with Carnival several times with little disappointment. My experience in November 2008 leaves me with no desire to choose or recommend Carnival Cruise Line. My entire vacation was inadequate to say the least. My disappointment began with a 2 hour and 30 minute wait to board the ship. The explanation given by a Carnival employee was bluntly honest. She said they were grossly under staffed. This information was given to me on a volunteer basis. At that point I had not questioned the long wait. Once we were checked in, I then was instructed I needed to see the purser in order to correct a cabin assignment. Yet to my dismay, another lengthy line! After waiting additional 1 hour and 30 minutes I finally arrived at my room. Once I arrived I started unpacking and to my disbelief there was men’s dirty boxers in between the wall and couch. Total disgust, was my room even properly cleaned?
My dinner experience followed suit with slow service and cold food. Our waitress was extremely slow and very unorganized. Between each course we waited approximately 25 minutes. Night after night our waitress and dining time showed no improvement. Our last night on the cruise, we decided to dine at the Steak House restaurant. I must say what a wonderful experience. I would have gladly paid the extra every night for this delight.
In our room the air conditioning did not work properly. There was a loud humming noise. Someone from maintenance inspected our room acknowledging the noise. Another day and night went by, so I called the front desk again. We were told the ship was sold out and a move could not be made. The noise was finally fixed after several sleepless nights. Then another mishap occurred while at see and something came loose outside our cabin continuing to beat against the wall all night. The next morning the maintenance crew was fixing the problem when pulling in to port at 8am in the morning (with a saw). Not a very pleasant way to wake up in the morning and start another day of a very restless vacation.
After all of the cabin inconveniences we did receive a small ship credit with a letter (enclosed).
Clearly Carnival Freedom was not a “Fun Ship”.
No response from same letter sent to Carnival on January 13, 2009 to Gerry Cahill - President & CEO of Carnival.

Susan Ferguson