Carmax / Service and Warranty are crap

1 Roseville, CA, United States Review updated:

I purcharsed a 2003 Nissan Altima at Carmax August, 2009. Right after I got it, the check engine light went on and we took it in. They said it was an O-2 sensor and a vacuum cylinder leak. They never checked the catalytic converter when they replaced the sensor. October, 2010, the check engine light went back on. I took it in and it's been hell since. The warranty company refuses to fix the car and Carmax refuses to take responsibility for selling me a car with problems. The catalytic converter apparently broke apart and sent pices into the engine. So I need a new engine. Even as the tow truck was taking my car off to the Nissan dealership, the jerk at Carmax actually had the nerve to tell us that they stand behind their cars the entire time a customer owns it. Oh please. If they stand behind it, it's to help you push it onto the tow truck. To add insult to injury, the front tire is now flat too. It was fine when I took the car to Carmax.
Needless to say, I will see them in court.

Comments

• Up
      3rd of Aug, 2012

I agree with those complains I am in the same situation I purchased a Volkswagen Jetta 2006 I havent had it for a year & it has been the shop in several occasions for Electrical Issues for my gas tank not allowing me to pump gas in it for a broken motor on one of my windows which they did not even bother to let me know the extended warranty is now taking care of the window, but the electrical problem Carmax nor Volkswagen can find it they both say it is good it doesnt have anything, but when I get it back it starts all over again gosh it sucks when you are paying for a car you can not even enjoy :(