Carmax / Service and Warranty are crap
I purcharsed a 2003 Nissan Altima at Carmax August, 2009. Right after I got it, the check engine light went on and we took it in. They said it was an O-2 sensor and a vacuum cylinder leak. They never checked the catalytic converter when they replaced the sensor. October, 2010, the check engine light went back on. I took it in and it's been hell since. The warranty company refuses to fix the car and Carmax refuses to take responsibility for selling me a car with problems. The catalytic converter apparently broke apart and sent pices into the engine. So I need a new engine. Even as the tow truck was taking my car off to the Nissan dealership, the jerk at Carmax actually had the nerve to tell us that they stand behind their cars the entire time a customer owns it. Oh please. If they stand behind it, it's to help you push it onto the tow truck. To add insult to injury, the front tire is now flat too. It was fine when I took the car to Carmax.
Needless to say, I will see them in court.
More Carmax Complaints & Reviews
- Carmax - Be well prepared to enter a nightmare world! 
- Carmax - They underpay salesmen 
- Carmax - Some facts about CarMax 
- Carmax - Scam and cheating 
- Carmax - It's a den of ###s 
- CarMax Business Services - lemon vehicle's
- Carmax - website, sales and transfer policy
- CarMax Business Services - purchased vehicle 7/2018 check engine light and vehicle jerking started 8/8/18
- CarMax Business Services - repair of clutch toyota matrix
- Carmax - my car is no good