Capital One / overcharging interest

1 NJ, United States Review updated:

After paying off my balance in full prior to the due date and then paying additionally, aslo prior to tthe due date, when i noticed recent charges that were not included on that month's bill, i received my next bill with an interest charge of $101.00. I called Capital One and spoke to foreign rep whom i could not fully understand and was then given to an English speaking rep who claimed it was Capital One's policy to charge interest until the bill has been paid in full for 2 consecutive months. I then spoke to another foreign rep who tried to explain that it was interest compounded daily but he could not tell me how or why the number was $101.00 or what number it was based off of. I then spoke to an account rep and got no further satifaction or reasonable explanation of how i own interest when i have no balance. I have paid the $101.00 and will be closing the account after being a good standing customer for many years and paying a 17.9% interest rate. Capital One's practices seem unethical to the consumer.

Sh

Comments

9th of Mar, 2010

I just ran into similar situation and I believe Capital One over charged my interest.

By the daily rate give by them I came up with a number that is slightly different from what they charged me. Although it appears they only over charged me around 50 cents, I am not going to give up. I am going after them.

Years ago, Citibank had a lawsuit from a customer who claimed Citibank over charged customer by cents. The customer own the law suit and Citibank had to send checks in cents to the customers one by one to refund the over charge.

I am not going to let Capital One get away with this.

We are the tax payers who bailed them out. They can't treat us like this.