Canara Bank / bouncing of cheque without any valid reason
Name – amit khurana
A/c no – [protected]
Branch – old rly. road gurgaon (hr) - 122001
I have given a cheque (no - 804932 dated - 3/11/2009 represented on 5/11/2009) of rs. 40'000 /- of yours bank as an booking amount of 6 persons to a holidays package company but few days later I got a call from that package company that your cheque is bounced & when I asked them the reason for bouncing, then they showed a letter from ' axis bank ' saying ' cheque return advice ' & the reason mentioned in that letter was ' insufficient funds '.
But for your information I was having the balance of more than rs. - 77, 000 in my account at that time. when I contact your bank they had shown no reason against my complaint. because of this my travel package got cancelled & now I have paid an additional of rs - 64000/- in that package because they were running some scheme at that time & at the time of representation of cheque the scheme was finished. now I feel being cheated by your bank & lost my self respect against that company & I feel mentaly harrased these days.
Please give me a compensation of rs. 1 lac against the loss I suffered & for my self respect. or else I will go to consumer forum for this. please do the needful & try to understand my position.
More Canara Bank Complaints & Reviews
- Canara Bank - worst net banking service 
- Canara Bank - wrong deduction towards closing of saving account 
- Canara Bank - refund not credited 
- Canara Bank Debit Card Complaint - wrongly debitted amount from declined transaction in icici swipe machine at vasanth & co, adyar branch, chennai 
- Canara Bank - debited money in a neft transaction but not credited to beneficiary's account
- Canara Bank - criminal conspiracy & defamation
- Canara Bank - false signature and cheques accepted by canara bank
- Canara Bank - miss behavior of canara bank staff at nagamangala branch 
- Canara Bank - refund the amount
- Canara Bank - complaint against ajanala branch manager behaviour