Canadian Tire/yardworks Cordless Electric Lawnmower / does not work / ct shirking responsibility for selling faulty product

1 5609 Franklin Av.Yellowknife, Northwest Territories, Canada Review updated:
Phone: 867-873-2482

Bought the Yardworks Cordless Electric Lawnmower at end of season last year, used it twice this year (could barely cut the grass and would not hold a charge, and now it won't do anything though the light indicator on the side of the mower says that it's fully charged. In other words it's a lemon. Tried to return the mower to Canadian Tire but of course they gave me the popular song and dance of shirking responsibilty for the product and basically telling me to contact the manufacturer directly. It's obvious this product is faulty judging from the growing list of complaints found on the web. Canadian Tire should own up to the products it sells and if they are faulty, then return the money to the people who bought the piece of junk! Tired of being kicked in the groin by "customer service"! Enough already.

St

Comments

• El
      3rd of May, 2011

Both my brother and myself bought a cordless lawn mower by yardworks from Canadian Tire last yead and when we tried to charge the batteries this spring, both chargers would not work. We tried to get some new chargers from Canadian Tire, but you can only get one if you buy the battery with it. We now have two usless mowers unless we spend the extra money to buy a new battery which we do not need!

• So
      28th of Jun, 2011

Do not buy any cordless electric Yardworks products from Canadian Tire. The batteries only last two years, then Yardworks makes you buy a new charger. Then you have to get the whole mower checked out by one of their "authorized" repair centers, who charge you $25 just to look at it. In all, I spent over $200 for a new charger and a new set of batteries. Guess, what? Two years later, it's not working again! The attitude of Canadian Tire, Yardworks, and repair shop is disgusting. They are all scamming the consu er with shoddy product. The just lost a customer!!!