Canadian Tire / scam service

North Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada Review updated:
4.25

Canadian Tire advertised a three day special last weekend. They were offering an oilchange with sythetic oil and a filter for $29.95.

I live near Sechelt, but I planned to be away in Vancouver for the weekend. I aksed the stor in Sechelt if I could purchase the special in North Vancouver and get the oil change is sechelt when I returned home. They indicated that this would not be a problem.

When I went to the Canadian Tire store in North Vancouver on the Friday of the sale, I was told that they had not received their card vouchers for the oil change. I spoke to the General manager and he gave me his card and initialed it with the comment "Valid for Formula 1 100% synthetic L.O.F. at $29.99" on the card. I paid the required amount plus taxes.

I went to Sechelt store for my oilchange and was told I would have to go to North vancouver because it was store specific.

I complained bitterly to both the Sechelt and North Vancouver stores to no avail. Now I must make a special trip to North Vancouver to receive the service for which that I paid.
Va

Comments

Rr
  15th of Nov, 2014
Canadian tire (Cambie & 7th) car repairs screwed up my car. I went in to fix my brakes because it had a small issue with getting harder when it is cold.

Day 1: They told us that they had to change the brake booster $800. Sure. We paid for it. We didn't know much about cars. We trusted them to fix it.

They worked on it and we drove around Vancouver for LESS than 30 mins and we almost got into an accident because we could not press on the brakes. We had to get it towed.

Day 2: They refunded us HALF the towing money because "OH, the brake boosters are not linked to this 'front brake hoses, both left and right'". Please pay us $100 for it.

Fine. We paid the $100 because we trusted that they fixed it.

Day 3: The SAME THING HAPPENED AGAIN. Just 15 minutes into the drive. This time, we were on a high way when it happened. We had to get it towed AGAIN.

We did not return to Canadian tire to fix our car again because we know they will screw it up and charge us wayyyy too much money for a such a small problem.

Canadian tire is known nationwide and the LEAST they can do is make sure your car runs properly. We are not going to a random mechanic in the city. Canadian tire makes us pay $100/hour for labour.

Our new mechanic told us there was no need to change the brake booster first, but to check the lines and the brake caliper before fixing the big stuff.

I think giving Canadian tire one star is being generous. They deserve a negative 5 stars.

We will be follow up on this and make sure Canadian tires does not screw us over with money and cause accidents.

Canadian Tire Logo Canadian Tire