Canadian Tire / scam service
Canadian Tire advertised a three day special last weekend. They were offering an oilchange with sythetic oil and a filter for $29.95.
I live near Sechelt, but I planned to be away in Vancouver for the weekend. I aksed the stor in Sechelt if I could purchase the special in North Vancouver and get the oil change is sechelt when I returned home. They indicated that this would not be a problem.
When I went to the Canadian Tire store in North Vancouver on the Friday of the sale, I was told that they had not received their card vouchers for the oil change. I spoke to the General manager and he gave me his card and initialed it with the comment "Valid for Formula 1 100% synthetic L.O.F. at $29.99" on the card. I paid the required amount plus taxes.
I went to Sechelt store for my oilchange and was told I would have to go to North vancouver because it was store specific.
I complained bitterly to both the Sechelt and North Vancouver stores to no avail. Now I must make a special trip to North Vancouver to receive the service for which that I paid.
More Canadian Tire Complaints & Reviews
- Canadian Tire / Yardworks Cordless Reel Lawnmower - it simply does not cut the grass properly! 
- Canadian Tire Mastercraft Tool - would not let me return 
- Canadian Tire - bad customer service 
- Canadian Tire / Yardworks - parts service 
- Canadian Tire / Yardworks - defective item 
- Canadian Tire - tire change
- Canadian Tire - The audio department
- Canadian Tire - service department 
- Canadian Tire - online inventory management
- Canadian Tire - customer service and return