Canadian Tire, New Minas / auto service
Canadian Tire (New Minas Nova Scotia) Auto Service provided me with a quote estimating $2408 in "required" repairs (and labour) for my Mazda 5 2007, following their "Inspection."
I had an independent Mechanic friend look at the car prior to bringing it to Canadian Tire, New Minas. I also took the car to a licenced and certified car repair company down the road. This establishment took the time to assess the vehicle, and indicated that 4 of the big repairs (eg. front strut, front rt caliper, rear right caliper, etc) were not required at all, and that the parts claimed to be damaged or needing replacement were in perfectly good shape). In addition, Cdn Tire mysteriously mistook a loose exhaust pipe for a broken/spent front strut.
The honest shop made all the necessary repairs, and only charged me $1, 081 vs. Cdn Tires proposed $2, 408!! I saved over $1, 0300!!
Cdn Tire also charged me an inspection/quote fee of $75 for "services rendered." Based on my experience, Canadian Tire Auto Service is lazy, dishonest, greedy, and not customer friendly. Beware of Canadian Tire New Minas.
More Canadian Tire, New Minas Complaints & Reviews
- Canadian Tire / Yardworks Cordless Reel Lawnmower - it simply does not cut the grass properly! 
- Canadian Tire Mastercraft Tool - would not let me return 
- Canadian Tire - bad customer service 
- Canadian Tire / Yardworks - defective item 
- Canadian Tire / Yardworks - parts service 
- Canadian Tire Emissions Inspection - e test 
- Canadian Tire - return
- Canadian Tire - parts and service
- Canadian Tire - damange to engine auto repair 
- Canadian Tire Store - filthy public washroom