Canadian Tire, New Minas / auto service

New Minas, NS, Canada Review updated:

Canadian Tire (New Minas Nova Scotia) Auto Service provided me with a quote estimating $2408 in "required" repairs (and labour) for my Mazda 5 2007, following their "Inspection."

I had an independent Mechanic friend look at the car prior to bringing it to Canadian Tire, New Minas. I also took the car to a licenced and certified car repair company down the road. This establishment took the time to assess the vehicle, and indicated that 4 of the big repairs (eg. front strut, front rt caliper, rear right caliper, etc) were not required at all, and that the parts claimed to be damaged or needing replacement were in perfectly good shape). In addition, Cdn Tire mysteriously mistook a loose exhaust pipe for a broken/spent front strut.

The honest shop made all the necessary repairs, and only charged me $1, 081 vs. Cdn Tires proposed $2, 408!! I saved over $1, 0300!!

Cdn Tire also charged me an inspection/quote fee of $75 for "services rendered." Based on my experience, Canadian Tire Auto Service is lazy, dishonest, greedy, and not customer friendly. Beware of Canadian Tire New Minas.

Mr
Jun 02, 2016

Comments

• Cu
      Jun 06, 2016

Why did you bother taking it to Canadian tire, stop having multiple inspections and pick one place to trust, hopefully you will stay with the honest shop and not price hunt. You asked for an inspection/quote and were charged, they may have inflated the bill which I agree is very wrong, but you asked and received a service.