Canadian Tire / poor quality product!

1 Canada Review updated:

Watch out when using the Canadian Tire electric car jack sold all over Canada... the pivoting support that contacts the car from underneath is made of cheap aluminum. It breaks in pieces as soon as you start jacking the car, leaving the whole weight of that side of the car on the slippery base that holds the cheap contact point.

Since nothing is preventing the jack from slipping away, the car can easily come crashing to the ground, or on your head or arm (if they are in the wheel-well) causing life-threatening injuries. I reported this to just about every car safety authority and auto club but the unit is still on sale at every Canadian Tire and nothing has been done about it.

Please contact me if you are injured and want to sue the company... they have been warned. So have the authorities.

David Remillard
divrr@videotron.ca

Comments

• Gr
      21st of Jul, 2008

Canadian Tire is selling more and more cheaply made products or should I call it Junk. It is very close now to becoming similar to what the dollar stores sell.. This past friday we bought 3 folding lawn chairs marked down from 12 dlrs to 6 and change. All three were broken that evening, with the plastic brackets breaking off and the metal rods bending. They were used with care by averaged weight people. Today I had to use a box fan to dry some water off the rug in the living room. I had bought the fan at Canadian Tire last year and used it only a couple of times. I accidently hit it with my leg and it fell down flat onto the floor while running and 2 blades just snapped right off in seconds. My lesson learned... no more crap for me from there.

• Ro
      9th of Aug, 2008

I bought an electric AC/DC cooler at CTC and the cold water I put in in the morning was colder than when it was at the end of the day, it didnt work worth a damn

21st of Feb, 2011
    Canadian Tire - Poor Quality Products
    Richmond Hill
    Ontario
    Canada

Having grown up calling Canadian Tire, "Crappy Tire", due to poor quality of products I vowed never to purchase from them again. However, after a new flagship store opened up in Richmond Hill, I thought that I would give it another try. Over the past 3 years, every product that I purchased from that store was damaged upon opening the packaging, or broke within 30 days of use. My latest purchase, that of an electric fireplace was no exception. Just over 60 days of use, the product failed to operate. It was a gift, so that made it even more embarrassing! After contacting the manufacture, as per instructions included with the product, a replacement part was shipped ; however, did not match. Further inquires concluded that the fireplace was built in 2007 and parts were no longer made for it. So, my story is this: I purchased an electronic fireplace in 2010 (just 3 months ago), which was clearly an end-of-the-line that Crappy Tire had no problems selling in their store. They probably made a huge profit on this clear-out item, which they sold for full retail; and accepted the fact that support was no longer available.

22nd of Feb, 2011

i dont understand why people claim the products from canadian tire are crappy. for 1, the only brands that are canadian tire owned are job mate and mastercraft, so i agree on them being crappy, from experience. But everything else in the store is a brand or product u can buy at any other store meaning any store could have gotten that one faulty product, you just happened to get that one defect from canadian tire, they dont deserve the bad reputation they get.