Canadian Tire / rude service
Just had an argument with the supervisor at my local crappy tire (Alliston, ON). I returned the paddling pool I'd bought for my 1 year old son for the second time due to it being faulty. In the middle of sorting out my refund, the assistant asked if I had my 30c canadian tire money. No, I said - what do I need that for when returning a faulty item? She said in that case, she'd have to knock 30 cents off my refund! I asked if she was joking and a supervisor was sent for.
Apparently, even though they give you the canadian tire money without you asking for it, they expect it back when you return an item, no matter why! I argued that as it was a free item they were giving you, they shouldn't expect it back. She said it was just the same as real money. What if it were lollipops they were giving away? I said. Would they expect them back, as the principle's the same? Apparently not. I left 20 cents out of pocket and an EX-CT customer...
More Canadian Tire Complaints & Reviews
- Canadian Tire / Yardworks Cordless Reel Lawnmower - it simply does not cut the grass properly! 
- Canadian Tire Mastercraft Tool - would not let me return 
- Canadian Tire - bad customer service 
- Canadian Tire / Yardworks - parts service 
- Canadian Tire / Yardworks - defective item 
- Canadian Tire - online order for pickup
- Canadian Tire - poor service
- Canadian Tire - I am complaining about my mastercard
- Canadian Tire - customer service
- Canadian Tire - online order to pick up next day in store