Camping World / service and sales

Monticello, MN, United States

This review is based upon my recent experience with the Camping World of Monticello but due to the lack of response from Camping World Corporate I would include the whole company for this review.

Their business practices are deceptive. Their customer service is horrible. Their management hides behind voicemail and email with no response other than thanks for the inquiry and the Good Sam association with them is a scam.

I brought my RV to the dealership for service due to an electrical issue, water leak, running board and cabinet repair. The customer service rep (Matt) started off with trying to sell me a "pressure test" process to determine if my RV had "leaks". After going over the RV with Matt for more than 20 minutes I simply asked to fix the RV for what I brought in for.

They had the RV for approximately 6 weeks. I was told the water leak was due to a "custom" part that had to ordered and built. I was never really clear on the what the part was and to get a reasonable clarification took multiple phone calls and email.

The electrical issue was not resolved. Matt informed me my electrical issues were due to defective cabin batteries. The batteries are only 6 months old! Their service tech's recommended putting in a "disconnect switch" for the leveling system and re-wiring the cab radio which I agreed to. My cost for their electrical diagnosis and repair was in excess of $500 and they did not correct the problem.

I took the RV to Pleasureland in St. Cloud for them to diagnose and fix. It took them about 2 hours, replace the solenoid (which is one of the electrical components I told Matt to check) and all is good.

Overall I had over $1500 in out of pocket expense.

Secondly...I informed them at the time of service that I was interested in purchasing a newer, larger RV. Their salesperson (Tyler) reached out to me and said he would go to work to see what he could do. I FOUND an RV for sale at another Camping World location in Florida!

I could tell from the beginning the sales rep was not working in my best interest. Multiple emails and phone calls to direct him to the dealership on Florida and make the sale happen was impossible.

When I inquired to Tyler for a list of features/options on the RV they wanted to sell me his statement was..."I wasn't able to get a specific spec sheet and option list for that motorhome because it is used."

Long story short...The other items I requested to be repaired were completed and look good, work well BUT...based upon my overall experience I wouldn't go back to this store or any other Camping World ever again.

Buyer Beware and I would look to another aftermarket warranty product other than Good Sam based upon this experience and their connection with Camping World

Th