Calypso Cay Resort / Unauthorized charges

I was offered a special deal by my credit card company for 15 nights for $800 which i payed for, i received the package and decided it was not what i wanted and returned it straight away.I spoke to them on the phone and was told it was received and the refund would be paid. A few days later i was refunded and believed it was finished.

A month later i received my credit card bill and saw they had taken out another payment for $850 and i received another package in the post. I called them and they said it was a mistake and to send it back, a week later i called them and they said they had received the package and my refund would be on its way.

Two months have past now and still nothing has been refunded and whenever i call they say it will be refunded next week and how sorry they are. In the mean time my credit card company keep saying they cant do anything and i just want my money back! Never use Calypso cay resort!!

Ru

Comments

• Ge
      2nd of Feb, 2009

It sounds like your credit card company is feeding you a line.

• Ge
      2nd of Feb, 2009

Sorry it doesn't look like the site liked my HTML. Here I am reposting without HTML links. you will have to copy/paste the links:

It sounds like your credit card company is feeding you a line. You should read the Fair Credit Billing Act [ http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/edu/pubs/consumer/credit/cre16.shtm ]which lists out your rights as far as disputing charges for non-reciept of goods or services.

4th of Jun, 2009

I received a call and accepted the package and it was sent to me in July of 2008 – Reference # 238900 and my credit card was charged. I returned the package and all the attachments since August of 2007, within 30 days from the date of purchase. To date I am still waiting for my refund after several calls. In april 09 I was told by Lynette that the request was made to the appropriate department but the refund has not been processed.

I have also talked to Dean, Ilene, and others in the past and they have told me that Mr Lee Sevilla is the person that I need to talk with, yet, I am never able to reach him and there are no response to my emails.

Today I sent my 3rd email and I have made several calls, including having a rep named Anna on the line as I type. Again I was cut off. I called back and Ileen told me that she will make certain that Mr Lee Sevilla reads my email and respond with a status of the refund.

Hoping this is not another dead end street.

Margaret