Cablevision / Optimumbilling

M Nov 18, 2017

Just started service with Optimum in late September. First bill came in and I was being charged for 3 boxes instead of the 2 cable boxes that I had. When I called I spoke with two different representative (one of them being Carolyn ID#HJK) who informed me that there was an error and that I only needed to pay $181.04 which was $15.87 less than what the bill had stated because of this error due to monthly charge and partial monthly charge. Weeks later I find out I'm past due. When I called I spoke to customer service rep Ann who looked into the issue and was not able to provide any assistance, I requested to speak to a supervisor who was Julian ID#DDN who was the leas representative. He stated that I would not be able to get the free tablet after 3 months due to not having made all my payments on time which wasn't even my error. On 11/10/17 I called back to follow up as Julian said he would get back to me in regards to if the issue could be corrected. At this time I spoke with Grace who till this point is the only one who was able to assist me and had a professional demeanor unlike the rest of the service members that I had interacted with. She confirmed that per the notes dated on 10/08/17 with Carolyn that she noted that she told the customer (me) to only pay $181.04. Till this point I don't know why I am being held responsible for a late payment if an Optimum representative told me to pay less. I called back today since I still haven't received confirmation of a ruling of this issue and the representative I spoke with today informed me it was my responsibility to pay what the bill states, not by what an Optimum employee informs me to pay. This has been such a horrible experience, I think I was better off staying with Verizon as my only concern with their service was the cost but so far with the 2 bills I got with Optimum its been even more money.