Cablevision / fraudulent sales

1 NJ, United States

When the salesman came to sign us up for their service, we made he tell us specifically the cost we would incur. We had it written down on our service order. This also included 3 free boxes. We had the impression this service order would be binding. After getting the initial bill which was incorrect and took several months to correct, the very next month the bill went from $132 to $151 - when I called they told me we had to pay for the 3 boxes. The CSR told me that they would never give the boxes for free. I then asked to speak with a supervisor who told me the same. I said you aren't going to honor your contract - which she says to me that there is no contract so I rephrased it by saying honoring the agreement we had with their sales rep. She said he was wrong. I tried to call him to get the corrected but he never called back. As was their probably intention, I stopped pursuing it thinking $19 was not that much more. Well, I've had the service for a year and the sales rep told us after the first year our fees would go up $23 dollars. We went from $152 to $224! Now I have to start all over! We have the choice of Cablevision or Verizon which I switched from because they gave me a price but every month I had to call and get the bill changed to the corrected price - we can we do?!