Cablevision / scam billing!

Elizabeth, NJ, United States Review updated:
Phone: 908-353-3167
I've had cablevision... From the very beginning... I've had trouble with them...

1) when I sign up... The rep told me a certain price, then when I got my bill it was a higher price... This went on for over a year and still going on... I've tried to resolve it with them.. Even contacting bbb... No results... Recently, I order optium triple play... And I did not know it was part of cablevision... Again... I having a big billing problem with them... And it's only been 4 weeks...

The next day after getting it install... I call to find out why they are charging me $131... When I call they toold me my new bill was now! $168 dollars. I'm going to cancel my order and take them to small claims court... Maybe, just maybe the judge can decide what's right... They quoted triple paly would be $99 with tax $103... I was prorated because I had it installed on the 9th of jan.. Their billing cycle starts on the 15th..

After the tech left he handed me a bill for $131 and when I call to see why it was so much... On the phone auto service they said the bill was $168 dollars... Now they are saying my bill is $229.. And I just got service jan 9, 2008.

Beware of cable vision! Aka optimum on line.
Sh

Comments

To
  18th of Feb, 2008
I would love to know what service you signed up for. One of the things that cablevision can say that other companies cannot is a monthly no nonsense bill with taxes on the tv only.
Bl
  14th of Mar, 2009
I must tell you that the majority of judges have stock in the cable network industry. Don't expect justice from them.
Oh by the way, the Digital TV change we all now recieve was put foward to charge us for channel reception in the years to come.
Another scam the cable companies deploy is the fact that we are all paying for product comercials. Which occupies thirty eight percent of you subscription time.
TIME TO ACT
Da
  22nd of Apr, 2009
I started off badly with Cablevision. I switched from Verizon to the optimum triple play and it took forever for them to install it and port my old number to the new service with them. They installed a temporary number because it would take some time for my old number to get transfered over to them... and they told me that I won't be charged for the temporary no#, then 2 weeks later they DO charge me 49.27. I looked at my bill and it said 29.95 for OV and a "partial" fee of 19.32. I asked them why did they charge me for that and what was the partial fee all about and they told me some bullsh*t like: "it was from your last month's usage" then I asked them to refund my money and they only refund 27.00 as a credit and I'm thinking to myself "THIS IS WRONG"... What is wrong with this company? Their billing system is a complete joke, they don't even charge you ever month, they charge you like every two weeks so it can accumulate and you pay twice as much.

Optimum Logo Optimum