Cablevision / scam billing!

1 Elizabeth, NJ, United States Review updated:
Phone: 908-353-3167

I've had cablevision... From the very beginning... I've had trouble with them...

1) when I sign up... The rep told me a certain price, then when I got my bill it was a higher price... This went on for over a year and still going on... I've tried to resolve it with them.. Even contacting bbb... No results... Recently, I order optium triple play... And I did not know it was part of cablevision... Again... I having a big billing problem with them... And it's only been 4 weeks...

The next day after getting it install... I call to find out why they are charging me $131... When I call they toold me my new bill was now! $168 dollars. I'm going to cancel my order and take them to small claims court... Maybe, just maybe the judge can decide what's right... They quoted triple paly would be $99 with tax $103... I was prorated because I had it installed on the 9th of jan.. Their billing cycle starts on the 15th..

After the tech left he handed me a bill for $131 and when I call to see why it was so much... On the phone auto service they said the bill was $168 dollars... Now they are saying my bill is $229.. And I just got service jan 9, 2008.

Beware of cable vision! Aka optimum on line.

Sh

Comments

• To
      18th of Feb, 2008

I would love to know what service you signed up for. One of the things that cablevision can say that other companies cannot is a monthly no nonsense bill with taxes on the tv only.

• Bl
      14th of Mar, 2009

I must tell you that the majority of judges have stock in the cable network industry. Don't expect justice from them.
    Oh by the way, the Digital TV change we all now recieve was put foward to charge us for channel reception in the years to come.
    Another scam the cable companies deploy is the fact that we are all paying for product comercials. Which occupies thirty eight percent of you subscription time.
    TIME TO ACT

• Da
      22nd of Apr, 2009

I started off badly with Cablevision. I switched from Verizon to the optimum triple play and it took forever for them to install it and port my old number to the new service with them. They installed a temporary number because it would take some time for my old number to get transfered over to them... and they told me that I won't be charged for the temporary no#, then 2 weeks later they DO charge me 49.27. I looked at my bill and it said 29.95 for OV and a "partial" fee of 19.32. I asked them why did they charge me for that and what was the partial fee all about and they told me some [censored] like: "it was from your last month's usage" then I asked them to refund my money and they only refund 27.00 as a credit and I'm thinking to myself "THIS IS WRONG"... What is wrong with this company? Their billing system is a complete joke, they don't even charge you ever month, they charge you like every two weeks so it can accumulate and you pay twice as much.

14th of Aug, 2018
    Optimum - Television/PS4
    Marlboro
    New Jersey

About a month ago, Optimum came to my house to install cable boxes in our house. While the technician was installing a cable box in my room, some type of error occurred in which a surge blew out my TV and PS4. Before the technician arrived, both units worked completely fine. This is very unfair and I want to hold optimum fully responsible.

Optimum - Poor service customers
    Bridgeport
    California

You guys need more employee, if we are paying for a service its becausewe need it. 2 weeks empoyment waiting on now the godanm tecnician is late. Now i have to reschedule another 2 weeks. That's worst then frontier. I am staying without option. Can't they do something right for God sake!

• Ph
    Optimum - Technical Support

The cable box in my bed room continues to read "channel not available" with no audio. I called three times and now they want to charge me a tech fee of $80.00 when it's THEIR box.

This is unacceptable to charge your customers for a rep. to come out to fix the problem. i am requesting for the fee to be waived.

• Tc
    Optimum - Billed for a period when I had had no service at all

Acc# 0783730182305-2
    Add:1064 Sheridan Av. Apt 1C Bronx NY 10456
    From 4/14/18 to 6/14/18 we have no phone and internet service due to damage of the box that provides for. But Optimum sent us a bill as past due. We called 7188603513. The representatives promise the supervisor will call back but never. Say to whom it may concern to fix the problem

• Sc
      20th of Aug, 2018
    Optimum - Upgrade appointment

Optimum technician didn't show-up twice to perform router upgrade.
    Optimum customer service didn't provide information about appointment cancellation. Our school is totally unaware about what Optimum planning to do next ...