Burger King / food quality, cleanliness

Burger King
My family and I visited the Wells, Nevada, Burger King on July 5th, 2009. We had been traveling all day, and my children were hungry, so I relented when they cried for kid's meals.

The restaurant was completely empty, so there was no excuse for the condition it was in - which was filthy. There was food all over the floor in the dining area, and there were no clean tables. My kids had ordered the mac and cheese meals; when I went up to get a rag so I could clean off a table, I had the opportunity to observe the employee fixing our food open the package of mac and cheese, then drop it on the kitchen floor, which, decorated with old lettuce and french fries, looked like it hadn't been cleaned in over a week. Instead of throwing the package away and getting a new one, he picked the package up off this same floor and proceeded to fix it for my child. Needless to say, I was having none of that, and made him fix another one, which resulted in a whole stream of attitude and eye rolls.

If my kids hadn't been so hungry, we would have left. However, it only took a few bites for them to wish they had waited a little while longer; the food was so stale and old tasting that none of us finished our meals. We threw most of it out, and I swore to never, ever visit another Burger King again.

I did call the corporate office, and was told the issue would be dealt with. I also called the Nevada Board of Health, but to this date, have not received a return phone call.

Burger King Logo Burger King