Burger King / discrimination

1 Maywood, CA, United States Review updated:

Friday June 22nd 9:30 ish in the morning my husband went through drive threw like he normally does and was discriminated based on his appearance ( noticeable tattoos ). As my husband was going to pay he saw from the corner of his eye that the manager was visually inspecting his tattoos. As he handed the manager the debit card he notice it had a girls name on the card which was mine then went upon saying this is a girls card this isn't you. Now my husband and I are loyal customers always through drive threw either him or myself or sometimes together never has any other employee or different shift manager ever denied him from using my debit card. My husband felt like he was humiliated and judged based on his appearance. I later confronted the manager and made him aware that he was very disrespectful and told me he was only doing his job. We feel like the manager judge him on how he appeared to look and if he was doing his job why isn't this policy of card holders name implemented each time ? Very very unprofessional and disrespectful!!!

Gu
Jun 23, 2018

Comments

• 9w
      23rd of Jun, 2018

many places would raise a concern about using a card with someone elses name on it ( fraud comes to mind for starters)
    so not sure what your tattoo had to do with that

• Ne
      24th of Jun, 2018

At the burger king at 1534 6th ave S Birmingham when one of their workers a black male was getting a cup and another one fell on the floor. He reached down while looking at me and put the cup from the floor back on the stack of clean cups. It turn my stomach. I got my order and put it in the garbage because if he did that with a cup he might have drop my food on the floor. He didn't even wash
    his hands. They what you don't see want hurt you but I seen that. Young people you should take pride in you work and you will be blessed with better.