Budget Truck Rental / scam and fraud

Budget is horrible there is no customer service avoid them like the plague beware beware beware. I reserved a truck one month in advance. I confrimed the reservation two days prior to the move. the night before the move at 6:50 pm budget national reservations called to inform me that there would not be a truck. Fine, I asked what they would do to help. They did not offer to help and told me to call reservations. I called reservations to learn that the inventory manager would call me. When I asked since I was moving in 12 hours? The Budget representative had no idea when I would be called. After forceful yelling at the idiot on the phone I learned that the inventory manager had left for the day and that budget closes at 7:30pm. I was told that if the inventory manager did call me it might be the next day but maybe not. I rented a large SUV from Alamo instead and plan to move without budget. BEWARE BUDGET AVOID BUDGET THEY LIE, THEY ARE HORRID AND NEVER ONCE DID ANYONE AT BUDGET OFFER TO HELP. IF THEY HAD JUST OFFERED TO HELP THIS COULD HAVE BEEN AVOIDED. THEY ARE A MISERABLE AND DEPLORABLE COMPANY.

Va

Comments

10th of Jun, 2011

I NEED help. Budget Truck and Car rentals from Vancouver Gilmore Street location is committing insurance fraud. There doesn’t seem anything I can do; can someone recommend a course of action I could take? I’ll explain my situation fully so you understand what happened.

On March 25th 2011 I rented a truck just after 5pm from Budget. I took it to my apartment complex and parked it in a large, obstruction free zone. I did my load, move, and unload that night. I returned the vehicle with ZERO incidents at 7:30 AM, just in front of the store, and dropped the keys off.

It was reported to me over TWO MONTHS later on May 30th by first a $336 charge on my VISA, a couple of days later I get a letter in the mail stating they found a dent. So what happened to the vehicle from my drop off time to a mysterious $336 charge on my VISA? This should have been reported to me BEFORE the truck was rented to anyone else, so I could have come and visibly seen what they were claiming.

I am shown one black and white photo where I can see no damage at all (I can barely see that it’s a picture of a truck). I challenged the quality of the photo saying I can’t see anything and Budget actually wrote me saying, “We have tried different ways to take the pictures with cameras, phones etc and the black berry seems to do a better job.” They also no longer have the picture on file, so I’ll never be able to see it in color (or a date stamp on it).

Budget’s ‘audit’ of damage process prior to pick up didn’t actual verify that area was dent free on initial inspection (upper cab area above the drivers side). It is important for the purpose of comparison to validate a dent free area vs. where they are claiming the damage currently. I looked at trim, tires and front hood area.

NOW, that I am trying to dispute this, they are threatening me…HELP ME PLEASE.

In regards to the repairs needed to the truck, Budget first told me, “We chose to have the dent fixed, rather than replace the panel which would have exceeded the $1000.00.” I guess they were saying that they did me a favor, BUT if a dent can be fixed, why would they consider replacing it?
    I challenged this, saying I didn’t want any cost, fix or replaced, since I knew I didn’t cause the damage. This upset Budget, and they started to threaten me, they said, “The truck in question has not been fixed it will go to the manufacturer that built the box and if properly repaired the bill will be over $1000.00..So when we get the estimate I will be happy to send it to you.” And then their manager reiterated this by also saying, “To properly repair the vehicle back to the condition it was prior to your rental would cost well over $1, 000 so for customer service reasons we decided to only bill you $336.00 and do a partial repair. In light of your concerns Budget will send the vehicle to the manufacturer and obtain a proper estimate and adjust your invoice.” So, Janine Potter, their Claims Manager is threatening me to charge me more…when I’m saying I shouldn’t be charged at all, this is their customer service? What’s a partial repair?

I am being attacked by this company, can someone please help me?? What rights do I have?
    Needless to day, Budget is in bed with the devil (or they are the devil), and I will NEVER do business with them again. I hope all who reads this will do the same.