Budget Rental / overcharge

1 Charleston, United States

shall NEVER use Budget again. I recently picked up a rental at Charleston, SC airport. My flight came in very late and it was after midnight when I picked up my rental. The agent went through all the "extra's" and I answered "no" to them all. He tapped something on the keypad and said "sign here". He gave me my receipt and told me where my rental was. A day later I was on my checking account and noticed a pending charge for 3 times the amount I was supposed to. I called customer service and they said "that's a $100.00 security deposit and will drop off once you return the rental."
I was relieved. But then the next day the full charge went through. I called customer service again, and was told they had a "legal and binding document showing that I had accepted an extra" and "I was fully responsible for the charge". The customer service person started using all the legal language, and it was clear I was not going to be able to get any help at all.
I am elderly, and feel as though I have been treated unfairly. I only needed that rental for an overnight, and remember telling the agent at the counter as such.
Once again, I shall NEVER use this company again.

Ka