Budget Rent A Car / terrible customer service

Montrose, United States Review updated:

Our vehicle was at least an hour late in being delivered to us at the Montrose Colorado airport. The price for an identical minivan vehicle that my friend had reserved from Enterprise was about 20% of the price I paid. The Budget rep promised to call us about the exorbitant price after speaking with his manager but that call was never received by us. We quickly learned that the traction on our vehicle in the snow of Telluride Colorado was terrible, in fact we became stranded at least twice in our own driveway. We repeatedly contacted Budget and requested an SUV vehicle to replace our minivan. They promised to actually deliver one to our vacation house that day. The vehicle never arrived. We called again and they stated they were unable to get out to us that day but would do so the next am. Again, no call or replacement vehicle ever received despite my pleading with them to at least call me back to discuss . Worst customer experience ever with a rental car. Will NEVER use Budget again. Overpriced and awful customer service.

Ga
Jan 8, 2015

Comments

18th of Jun, 2010
    Budget Rent A Car - Association w/Traveler's advantage
    Budget Rent a Car
    Ohio

During phone transaction with Budget rent a car I was transferred to a REWARDS program. I have been sucked out of 58.00 of unauthorized charges a month!!! I will not do business with Budget Rent a Car if they are still affiliated with a rewards program.

• Ph
      31st of Mar, 2015
    Budget Rent A Car - Charged for insurance that I declined
    Budget Car Rental
    Lg Antonio Nobre 164
    Funchal
    Portugal
    Phone: 800 25 26 27

After declining optional insurance I was charged for it. Rep wrote on my invoice 123.46 euros and 0 in insurance column. Budget has been telling me to wait 10 days every time I call them.This has been ongoing since Feb 17.