Budget Rent A Car / scam and cheating
I recently rented a car on-line through Budget car rental and declined all insurance coverage because it was included on our credit card. When we arrived in Cancun we were shuttled to the Budget Airport office where we were told by the Manager that we had to pay an additional $10.us per day for liability insurance because it was mandatory in Mexico. I argued with him stating that it was not on my confirmation and he said we could not have the car unless we signed for the insurance. It was dark outside and we were in the middle of nowhere so we signed for the insurance knowing we could complain once we returned home. Well we did complain and the bottom line was that Budget said we signed the agreement so therefore we accepted the terms of the contract.
My brother arrived the same day in the morning to pick up his car and they did the exact same thing to him.
My suggestion is not to rent from Budget at the Cancun airport but if you do and this happens make sure you make a note on the agreement that you are signing for the insurance only because they said it was mandatory and you have no choice if you want the car.
More Budget Rent A Car Complaints & Reviews
- Budget Car Rental - hidden charges 
- Budget/ car rental - insurance fraud 
- Budget Truck Rental - horrible customer service! 
- Budget Rent A Car - fraudulent charge on credit card 
- Budget Rental Car - hidden charges for rsn and xmr 
- Budget Rent A Car - fattura e addebito automatico car rental malta airport
- Budget Rent A Car - misrepresentation
- Budget Car Rental - car availability
- Budget Truck Rental - incompetence-confirmed rental. no truck available
- Budget Car Rental - scamming customer