Budget Car Rental / tricky approaches and customer cheating
I arrived at Washington Dulles Airport one week ago and upon arrival went to Budget car rental to pick up a 5 day reservation for a compact car. The overall experience, from the beginning to the end, is horrible.
Pick up experience: When I arrived there, ready to check out the car. My driver's license was denied!!! However, I have no accident record or any kind of violation record on hold. After 1 and 1/2 hours waiting, their manager came out and entered some special code into the computer system to get my reservation through. During that waiting period, I asked the representative what is my quoted total rate for 5 days rental, he said it was $119.43.
Return: Disastrous!!! The quote I get online was $119,43, however, when I returned the car 6 days later (one day delay due to their office shut down). Their representative intended to charge me $284.36. The additional charge reason is that I am under age 25 and will pay "additional fee" which is $25/day !! But this year I turned 25!!!! Their explanation is that I must be OVER 25!! Holy ### !!!
I called their service center and encountered a very rude guy who questions my math and taught me how to calculate my age. SOB!!!! Then I called the Dulles Airport Budget office and talked to their manager. That guy was rude too. He did not admit hiding the additional fee from me and refused to take my complaints.
Below is some tricky approaches and their cheating behavior I observe:
1. The reason my driver's license was denied initially might be that according to Budget's age calculation method, I am under 25 and not eligible to rent a car at Budget. After one and half hours waiting, their manager came back from lunch and entered a special code into the computer system to get the rent work. However, they did not disclose the additional $25/day charge to me.
More Budget Car Rental Complaints & Reviews
- Budget Car Rental - hidden charges 
- Budget Truck Rental - horrible customer service! 
- Budget/ car rental - insurance fraud 
- Budget Rent A Car - fraudulent charge on credit card 
- Budget Car Hire - appalling service 
- Budget Truck Rental - incompetence-confirmed rental. no truck available
- Budget Car Rental - scamming customer
- Budget Rent A Car - mini van car reserved in jan 2018 for march was not honored
- Budget Rent A Car - made car reservation for dec 23 on november 27 didn't happen
- Budget Car Rentals - unethical behaviour